5 flights gone

Reaction score
I was flying my new x101 drone in the back garden without warning it shot skyward did not respond to signal input and disappeared into the clouds What did i do wrong

I was flying my new x101 drone in the back garden without warning it shot skyward did not respond to signal input and disappeared into the clouds What did i do wrong
Wrong forum

Some time this week. PM me if you have any more questions.
was that nessary.gif

You probably had it in beginner mode on accident. There have been a lot of flyaway's with this being left in beginner mode. They just take off, get caught in a slight wind, and they're gone. With these light weight practice quads, yo don't ever want to leave them in beginner mode because all it does is restrict the movement. You really need to set the calibration on the sticks and know what needs to be done for each flight because it will change back to default every time a new battery is put in. Chances are it was found by a neighbor, so you could put up a couple posters and probably get it back. Then always be sure to not use beginner mode. Here's a copy of a review

stars-1-0._CB192241078_.gif
Extremely disappointed., July 3, 2016
By
Amazon Customer

Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: MJX X101 2.4G RC Drone 6 Axis Gyro Supper Large Quadcopter UAV With Gimbal + MJX C4008 1.0mp 720 HD FPV Real Time Camera (Toy)
While this appears well built and a great purchase for the cost, the remote is very hard to control. (We wonder if something was wrong with the remote). We got 3 flights out of ours before the drone was flying out of control and so high and fast, that it was gone. This was while in BEGINNER mode. There was no way to find it, given the fact that the battery only lasts 6-8 minutes. Extremely disappointed in spending a lot of money on something that was literally gone in less than 20 minutes.
https://www.amazon.com/MJX-Supper-Quadcopter-Gimbal-Camera/dp/B013WCY6F2

WELL THANK YOU ALL FOR RESPONDING.i WASWORKING ON A FRIENDS LAWNMOWER A COUNCIL WORKER HAD LOCATED MY DRONE IN A WATER CATCHMENT AREA OF THE LOCAL SCHOOL AND RANG THE NUMBER I HAD WRITTEN ON THE FUELAGE NOW RETURNED

Reactions: Reed L
but i was soooooooooooo happy
I understand and am happy for you also but it is early here and you scared me .
Not enough coffee yet :)

but i was soooooooooooo happy
:) Just remember to always take it out of beginner mode, so you have full control. I had mine flying backwards into a tree when I realized what beginner mode was really doing. It's definitely not needed at all :)

scared dirkclod so much his avatar changed

Reactions: flpholt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20