5 fights 2 props and a few camera ???'s

Reaction score
Greetings all! I now have 5 flights under my belt and gone through 2 props, but having a lot of fun anyway. Today I spent an hour filming a friends farm only to get home with no video. I couldn't connect to the controller my first battery and thought I had manually turned on the camera with the button on the base of the gimbal. Where the little pinpoint red dot is. Nothing. I pushed it several times. Was I toggling on and off and turned it off? Then the second battery I did successfully connect to my I phone 7. Thinking this is going to be great! My mini camera card has 1.1G of data but windows media says it can't open it. I'm wondering if this could be from " grazing" a tree from about 8 ft and landing upside down? Is the " bad " power down it , or bad card or ....?Any suggestions appreciated. I'm new to this quality of drone and was amazed at how steady it was even with a pretty strong wind. Hovered at 250ft right over the top of me!
Happy flying!
KW

This has happened to me in the distant past when I would forget to "stop recording" before I powered down. Try putting the card back in and booting the bird up take a photo or 10 sec video then stop and power down... sometime the file doesn't get closed properly... hope this helps... Aloha... couldn't understand what little red button you were referring to until I noticed i was in the P2 group... oooops...

Greetings all! I now have 5 flights under my belt and gone through 2 props, but having a lot of fun anyway. Today I spent an hour filming a friends farm only to get home with no video. I couldn't connect to the controller my first battery and thought I had manually turned on the camera with the button on the base of the gimbal. Where the little pinpoint red dot is. Nothing. I pushed it several times. Was I toggling on and off and turned it off? Then the second battery I did successfully connect to my I phone 7. Thinking this is going to be great! My mini camera card has 1.1G of data but windows media says it can't open it. I'm wondering if this could be from " grazing" a tree from about 8 ft and landing upside down? Is the " bad " power down it , or bad card or ....?Any suggestions appreciated. I'm new to this quality of drone and was amazed at how steady it was even with a pretty strong wind. Hovered at 250ft right over the top of me!
Happy flying!
KW
First welcome to the group. Lets start with the small button on the gimbal. This button is to manually take a photograph.

Next is the corrupted video file. You can try and start and stop another recording. If you were not able to stop the video before the crash it will be corrupted. If this doesnt fix your file you can use a program to fix the corrupted video file, just do a search for the program. Best of luck

Reactions: Riseandrun
Thanks all for the welcome and replies. I'm happy to report the reboot worked! I flew a 2 minute " mission" with proper stop and I have my 12 minute video! Woohoo!
Rladwig, I dont think we're talking about the same button unless I take a picture while I'm holding the drone? If I can't connect my phone to the wifi and use FPV, does this mean I can't shoot video? My understanding is there is a manual button somewhere to turn on the camera. Also is it possible to record on my I phone and mini card at the same time?
Thanks again for info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik