5.8Mhz video downlink

Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought I had posted this, but I must not have. My next investment will be for a 5.8Ghz downlink from a Phantom 2 with gimal mount and a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition.

Any recommendations on the best system? I have both an ipad and iphone, plus a 7" video monitor, the latter being my first choice.

I am also interested in "tricking out" my Phantom 2 for night flying. I may have to RMO to acheive the UFO look I'm going for! I do have a blue LED strip that ecompasses the Phantom, plus a white and blue headlight.

Since none have been installed, I'm thinking of a RGB LED strip, with remote, white strobe lights top and bottom and red and green leds for orientation. Also, a RGB headlight and a circular white, double circle, LEDs intended for an umbrella light, but will work great for a landing light. They come with AA batteries and are available on amazon. Very cheap and lightweight.

I would love to see pictures of your tricked out night lights!

Alan

Typical setup. Invest a few more bucks and get the FPV hub.
No soldering and no opening the hood.
Just be aware there is a micro switch on the board and that MUST be in the IOSD position or you get no video feed.

If you tap the main battery for your extra lights, that will shorten flight time.
I would use a small lightweight battery for the lights.

If you want to use the ipad as a controller, get ground station as well.
As that also has some basic flight data in real time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj