5.8ghz reciever conversion

Reaction score
Just for anyone who wanted to know the 5.8ghz vision TX/RX works perfect on the 2. I needed to keep 2.4 clean for another sensor for the project I'm working on and used the vision receiver and remote on it and its flawless.

Hey, thank you for sharing this info, good to know it is possible to shift frequencies without issues.
I was wondering about it like 3 weeks ago. :D

brizey said:
Just for anyone who wanted to know the 5.8ghz vision TX/RX works perfect on the 2. I needed to keep 2.4 clean for another sensor for the project I'm working on and used the vision receiver and remote on it and its flawless.

Thank You for this. I just ordered a P2 H3 3D and the 5.8GHz tx/rx kit and wanted to do the swap to minimize the interference from things like microwaves, and power cables.

Did you find a more stable aircraft?

Darren

Has nothing to do with the flying characteristics of the craft. You only change the control frequency band from 2.4 to 5.8 effectively limiting your control range from the original +2KM down to 500-800 meters. Other than that, the quad remains the same and flies exactly the same, only on a different frequency band.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to ask if you know what I am doing wrong. I took a P1 which is 2.4 and changed the receiver board to a P2 5.8 and using a Phantom 2 2v remote I get it to bind but still gives me a fast yellow blinking light. Won't arm.. Help appreciated

I know this is an old thread but wanted to ask if you know what I am doing wrong. I took a P1 which is 2.4 and changed the receiver board to a P2 5.8 and using a Phantom 2 2v remote I get it to bind but still gives me a fast yellow blinking light. Won't arm.. Help appreciated

If you turn the RC controller over and read the tag you should be able to answer your own question.

Ok I looked up the model number and says for fc40
If you turn the RC controller over and read the tag you should be able to answer your own question.
Well, guess that's what happens when you get older, just not thinking correctly. Ok so what would you recommend to me? Perhaps you know what is the correct Remote for this Phantom it is model P330 DJI Says it is just P1 because it has 2.4. I have a new 5.8 receiver installed but guess I just need the correct remote..
Thanks for any help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik