5.8ghz receiver Phantom side with antennas removed for sale

Re: 5.8ghz receiver Phantom side with antennas removed for s

What's different between that one and the standard 5.8GHz receiver (other than having the antennae removed)?

OI Photography said:
What's different between that one and the standard 5.8GHz receiver (other than having the antennae removed)?

Its in the description on ebay ;). But in short, these are for people who do not want to do the work themselves and damage the receiver. If you buy this receiver then you don't have to worry about that and you always have the stock one to put back in. This is also so people don't have to go splicing antenna wires to mod their phantoms.

Right, all the description really says is that the antennae are removed, so I was wondering if there were any other differences besides that.

Are people really having so much trouble removing those that they'll pay twice the price of the part? I guess I'm selling the wrong services :shock:

OI Photography said:
Right, all the description really says is that the antennae are removed, so I was wondering if there were any other differences besides that.

Are people really having so much trouble removing those that they'll pay twice the price of the part? I guess I'm selling the wrong services :shock:

Sold 2 yesterday but go ahead and give it a shot and then get back to me. very easy to damage it beyond repair. It takes a long time to do as well.

Gotcha. Same black stuff on this one?

6xFiiWnl.jpg

OI Photography said:

I wont comment on the price, since I guess it's worth what people are willing to pay, but I will say that it's not a horrible idea selling the modded RX, especially if somebody has alredy tried (and failed) to do it successfully. It must have taken me the better part of an hour to scrape that "stuff" off of mine. I had two Phantoms to mod and I actually busted the U.FLs on the first one and had to solder new ones onto the pads. By the second RX I pretty much had it figured out, but the time it took for both the removal and repair was probably closer to 3 hours.

If you heat it up a bit it will come of way easier.

Yeah I didn't realize that was such a pain to deal with. That board in the pic above is the v3 model from an FC40 but I'm assuming the black glue is the same?

varmint said:
OI Photography said:

I wont comment on the price, since I guess it's worth what people are willing to pay, but I will say that it's not a horrible idea selling the modded RX, especially if somebody has alredy tried (and failed) to do it successfully. It must have taken me the better part of an hour to scrape that "stuff" off of mine. I had two Phantoms to mod and I actually busted the U.FLs on the first one and had to solder new ones onto the pads. By the second RX I pretty much had it figured out, but the time it took for both the removal and repair was probably closer to 3 hours.

Right, this is exactly what happens. if you remove too much of the black cement it becomes very easy to break the u.fl connectors off the board. Ive done this twice. I encourage people to try and I've explained how i do it it another thread but people were willing to buy them already modified so i made a few. Truth is im not really making anything yet because i broke 2 boards before i perfected removing the antennas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-V ... 1551224196?

I also added a "make an offer" feature on the listing to see what people are willing to pay for it. I wont sell them for less than 75.00 though because it does take a while to do.

I used acetone and placed a soaked paper towel against the area for about 15 minutes. When I went back, it was hard to tell whether it was softer and scraped some off, but not enough. I then used a fine tip soldering iron and this seemed to soften it up more easily. I still broke the darn thing, though, but I probably wasn't patient with the scraping, and I've purchased a modified one. I think I want to try, though, once more with a stock one, heating up the black goo and see if that does the trick. I think it will work with patience.

Skyjunkie said:
I used acetone and placed a soaked paper towel against the area for about 15 minutes. When I went back, it was hard to tell whether it was softer and scraped some off, but not enough. I then used a fine tip soldering iron and this seemed to soften it up more easily. I still broke the darn thing, though, but I probably wasn't patient with the scraping, and I've purchased a modified one. I think I want to try, though, once more with a stock one, heating up the black goo and see if that does the trick. I think it will work with patience.

This cement stuff holds the universe together. I honestly believe there is only one way to get it off and thats by scraping. Heat and chemicals do damage to.

OI Photography said:
Yeah I didn't realize that was such a pain to deal with. That board in the pic above is the v3 model from an FC40 but I'm assuming the black glue is the same?

Not sure if its the same stuff.. Strange thing though, ive ordered 5 receivers to mod for fellow Phantom pilots and some have a glossy black cement and a couple have the matte cement.The glossy stuff seems to crack and for me is a lot harder to get off using the process i use.

I previously ruined two 5.8 receivers trying to modify them for antenna(s) :(
I just bought one just now off ebay... hopefully the quality is there!
jl_coat

I've purchased two from ebay so far. One I've used successfully and tested last night. Important to re-pair the RC and the transmitter, of course, but it worked well, even without all the cement removed. The connectors were a bit irregular (not a perfect circle), but the wires snapped on fine and worked great. I'm keeping the other for a second Phantom (that I don't have yet).

Thank you for the PM ... I just registered so it seems as though I cannot PM yet because I am a newbie. I will let you know smaugnaut. Thanks again!! JL_coat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl