Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

5.8ghz fpv

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Mike-snapper, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Mike-snapper

Evening I've a problem with some fpv gear. It worked in testing with almost not a hint of a problem. Bug since I've built the connections to the go pro it's stopped working. I've checked the camera lead and it works fine. Anyone got some boscam 5.8 kit in the leeds area I could check this suspect pair with?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. QYV

QYV

you're giving us very little info to go on here but I'll give it a try... which gimbal do you have? Does the gimbal attach to the gopro via the rear port or usb port? Which model GoPro do you have? Do you have an iOSD Mini? which transmitter? how are you tying it all together?

3. Mike-snapper

Thanks for getting back to me. No gimbal yet, I'm just testing the kit out on the bench. The go pro 1 is being used as a test rig and the output connector is working direct to the av port on the TV. The strange thing is they did work perfectly with my test camera, they have just stopped.
    As a system it's yet to fly, it need to be much more reliable.

4. madsonp

Did you have the antenna on the transmitter when testing it ? If not, you can and probably did fry the transmitter.

5. PhantomFanatic

Yep, unfortunately. On a better note: Welcome to the forum! And, parts can be replaced. :)

6. Mike-snapper

Thanks for the welcome. The transmitter never had its antenna off. But it had died.
    It was also illegal here in the uk as it's frequencies were outside those permitted on the 5.8 band so it wasn't a huge loss.

7. Hughie

Did you get this sorted in the end?