5.8ghz fpv

Reaction score
Evening I've a problem with some fpv gear. It worked in testing with almost not a hint of a problem. Bug since I've built the connections to the go pro it's stopped working. I've checked the camera lead and it works fine. Anyone got some boscam 5.8 kit in the leeds area I could check this suspect pair with?
Thanks
Mike

you're giving us very little info to go on here but I'll give it a try... which gimbal do you have? Does the gimbal attach to the gopro via the rear port or usb port? Which model GoPro do you have? Do you have an iOSD Mini? which transmitter? how are you tying it all together?

Thanks for getting back to me. No gimbal yet, I'm just testing the kit out on the bench. The go pro 1 is being used as a test rig and the output connector is working direct to the av port on the TV. The strange thing is they did work perfectly with my test camera, they have just stopped.
As a system it's yet to fly, it need to be much more reliable.

madsonp said:
Did you have the antenna on the transmitter when testing it ? If not, you can and probably did fry the transmitter.

Yep, unfortunately. On a better note: Welcome to the forum! And, parts can be replaced. :)

Thanks for the welcome. The transmitter never had its antenna off. But it had died.
It was also illegal here in the uk as it's frequencies were outside those permitted on the 5.8 band so it wasn't a huge loss.

Mike-snapper said:
Thanks for the welcome. The transmitter never had its antenna off. But it had died.
It was also illegal here in the uk as it's frequencies were outside those permitted on the 5.8 band so it wasn't a huge loss.

Did you get this sorted in the end?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl