5.8ghz antenna

Reaction score
hi again.
after several trials to increase the short flight distance of P3s I think now I understand that the problem lies in the management of the party rc transmission power, too low to operate the flight at distances greater than 50 / 100m without the famous rth intervent, probably caused by the firmware management or dipole deterioration.
I decided to change the antenna section of the drone. mounting a new cable from pcd to external chassis like some p2v mod.
if can help someone, i'm studying the polarization and the construction of antennas 5.8ghz by myself.
This link may be helpful. this article decribe ho our dipole work related to 5.8ghz. it's very simply antenna. this explain to me why the signal strenght il very poor when the p3s fly over my head.

Make a simple whip antenna for 5.8Ghz- linear polorized FPV video - Oscar Liang

after the change of papatita 5.1 and argtek I have not have any problem on video over 150 linear meters i still have the maximum signal.

hi again.
after several trials to increase the short flight distance of P3s I think now I understand that the problem lies in the management of the party rc transmission power, too low to operate the flight at distances greater than 50 / 100m without the famous rth intervent, probably caused by the firmware management or dipole deterioration.
I decided to change the antenna section of the drone. mounting a new cable from pcd to external chassis like some p2v mod.
if can help someone, i'm studying the polarization and the construction of antennas 5.8ghz by myself.
This link may be helpful. this article decribe ho our dipole work related to 5.8ghz. it's very simply antenna. this explain to me why the signal strenght il very poor when the p3s fly over my head.

Make a simple whip antenna for 5.8Ghz- linear polorized FPV video - Oscar Liang

after the change of papatita 5.1 and argtek I have not have any problem on video over 150 linear meters i still have the maximum signal.
But do you think 150 meters is good? I would cry if this was my range. I can get around 2500 meters usually wit the Argtek and twice got over 3000 meters .
20160920_153958 (1).png

Yeah - you might take a look at the P2V and P2V+ forums. There are three years worth of discussions on increasing range in 5.8 with relatively weak transmitters. Lots of guys have gotten distance in the 4, 5, 6, 7 mile range. One guy from the UK did almost nine miles on a one-way flight. Personally, I've only just broken 3 miles but that was burning through tree leaves.

But do you think 150 meters is good? I would cry if this was my range. I can get around 2500 meters usually wit the Argtek and twice got over 3000 meters .
View attachment 68246
No martin.....i'm crying....i would like to reach 500mt with safety control without rth intervent. With papatita sw wifi is good. But i lose always rc control. Im very tired and disappointed.

Reactions: Joe H
600€ is a relative high value for a not working object. My old little 50€ drone with wifi fpv reach the same distance.

Reactions: Joe H

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic