5.8 Tx - CE and FCC...

Reaction score
One of the first things I did with my FC40 was to change the 5.8GHZ TX from CE to FCC by turning the knob on the transmitter. When I did this I got 2 beeps when powering I on. This set the distance from 300 to 500 meters... So I thought....

When plugging in the TX with the RC assistant software, to my surprise it was still set to CE. I had to choose FCC, exit the program, turn off TX, turn on TX, load RC software, and now it was to FCC.

I read a post from someone else that had the same issue. This is odd, so FC40, vision and vision + owners, you may want to check this out.

The transmitter firmware has a logic that says "If the potentiometer on the rear and the RC Assistant firmware settings differ, then default to FCC mode". It was set to CE mode in firmware from the factory for this reason - so you only need to turn the pot and not (in the early versions of the tx anyway) open the whole thing up to get to the internal usb to change modes.

The "two beeps" are the signal to listen for - that signifies FCC compliant mode and you don't need the firmware and the pot on the back to agree in order to get that, so you've been in FCC mode for as long as you've had the double beep on power up, no matter what the RC Assistant says.

Won't do any harm to make them match up, but it's not necessary either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues