5.8 RX Card u.fl cable Removal

Reaction score
I was able to remove the dipole antenna leads on the first attempt! (Hour and a half). I used a little ammonia to remove the epoxy around the connections. Now for the next step!

Attachments

• visionrxcard.jpg
    visionrxcard.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 673
that's the one in the Phantom, ya? I tried to upgrade the antenna on my RC and wound up wrecking the connector

QYV said:
that's the one in the Phantom, ya? I tried to upgrade the antenna on my RC and wound up wrecking the connector

Yes, this is the one in the bird. Used a sharp exacto knife and took my time. Repeat, "took my time". Came out nice and clean.

RedBaron said:
Yes, this is the one in the bird. Used a sharp exacto knife and took my time. Repeat, "took my time". Came out nice and clean.

Well done, Red; good job, sir.

I'm going to have to face the prospect of doing that to my Phantom sooner or later, because there's no way .... I said NO WAY that I'm going to splice the cables when I fit my aircraft side antennae.

I've got too many other mods to do to the bird at the moment though, so, I'm not in any rush, eh? :lol:

itchybeard said:
RedBaron said:

Well done, Red; good job, sir.

I'm going to have to face the prospect of doing that to my Phantom sooner or later, because there's no way .... I said NO WAY that I'm going to splice the cables when I fit my aircraft side antennae.

I've got too many other mods to do to the bird at the moment though, so, I'm not in any rush, eh? :lol:

It’s a tough mod! Takes past experience and if it’s your first try its likely to break. You can get a new modified receiver card at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261593675668. Hope this is helpful when you get closer to performing your mod.

randywf said:
It’s a tough mod! Takes past experience and if it’s your first try its likely to break. You can get a new modified receiver card at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261593675668. Hope this is helpful when you get closer to performing your mod.

Thanks for the "heads up", Randy.

I did know about the Ebay offer, but I'm hoping I won't have to use it. I'm going to try and do the mod myself because ....

1. I enjoy a challenge.
2. I did manage to remove the antenna cable from my RC controller.

I know that the card in the bird is going to be harder because the cables are glued down with black epoxy (not silicone), but I plan to take my time and hopefully with patience; a magnying glass; a sharp modelling knife and some acetone, I can succeed this time as well.

Wish me luck.

itchybeard said:
randywf said:

Thanks for the "heads up", Randy.

I did know about the Ebay offer, but I'm hoping I won't have to use it. I'm going to try and do the mod myself because ....

1. I enjoy a challenge.
2. I did manage to remove the antenna cable from my RC controller.

I know that the card in the bird is going to be harder because the cables are glued down with black epoxy (not silicone), but I plan to take my time and hopefully with patience; a magnying glass; a sharp modelling knife and some acetone, I can succeed this time as well.

Wish me luck.

Randy

I have seen the cards you are selling on eBay and I am sure you have done a good job on your mods. They are not that difficult to mod but it takes time. My mod turned out nice and clean and the pin connections are tight

RB

Attachments

• pins.jpg
    pins.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 511

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers