5.8 GHz Controller Mod - Need Help!

Reaction score
I was trying to mod my controller to have an external RP-SMA connector to put on a TP-Link antenna for the control link. I tried picking off the silicone holding the U.fl/IPEX connector and I think it got all messed up. I think the connector and socket came off. FML. So my next thing is to try to just solder the leads to the board. Does anyone have any photos of what their connector looks like inside the controller? I don't know where to solder the leads from the RP-SMA connector and would like to see something for reference.

Nothing ever is easy especially with everything being so small.

Here is what I'm working with.

i-M3ZDRnN-L.jpg

i-rdxPxLj-L.jpg

Thanks.

Sorry I don't have pics of the inside of mine but on a positive note if you end up needing a new controller they are not too expensive and the new replacement ones have the exterior USB. As far as fixing yours just make sure you're using electronics soldier (I think it's called B Rosin).

Not sure if this helps but I did the same thing to the RX.

file.php

First with your soldering skill. I would have not even attempted that job.. second I can already tell the board is fried.
and for the looks of the Phantom you may have killed that too.
sorry for the bad news.

rfernandez said:
First with your soldering skill. I would have not even attempted that job.. second I can already tell the board is fried.
and for the looks of the Phantom you may have killed that too.
sorry for the bad news.
Didn't do anything to the P2V, only the controller. Did 2 flights since mod and I am getting much better range. I also put some silicone on it to hold it in place even more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic