5.8 Controller Interference

Reaction score
I was flying my Vision, while close by someone else was flying anothe quad. Suddenly, the quad lost control and crashed. We then decided to run some tests and check for interference. We found that as soon as I turn on the Vision RC, the other quad FPV started to get heavy interference. It was very obvious, and would go away as soon as I powered off the RC.

To me this means that if I can cause interference on another 5.8 setup, they can also cause interference in the Vision. Need to be careful when flying in close proximity with other drones using reverse frequency from the Vision and high power video transmitters.

So the other quad lost control because of RC interference or because of interference in the FPV video?

The second would make more sense, the first would be odd. Was the other quad a 2 vision as well? Don't think there are any other RCs working at 5.8ghz except that of the 2 Vision.

I have wondered if 5.8ghz cordless telephones operating in homes near a flying area could cause interference. My cordless phone has a talking range of nearly one city block. Could this cause a problem with the P2V????

The other quad was not a Vision. It was a standard 2.4 controller. They think that the higher power from the 2.4 video transmitter in the Phantom caused the problem. However, the only thing we were able to verify is that the 5.8 Vision controller does greatly affect the FPV. Remains to be seen if the 2.4 Vision video transmitter affects other 2.4 flight controllers.

Did some more testing with people using Fatshark FPV. The 5.8 RC transmitter in the Vision produces lots of interference to the FPV video from others when turned on. As soon as it is off, interference goes away.

That is a very good question. I am concerned about this, especially in close proximity to those using high power 5.8 video tx. The problem is that the only way to find out is by having problems while flying in close proximity with someone with FPV. Not sure I am ready to try it yet.

I would guess that a video Tx with the higher power should give more interference than the Vision RC unit which is lower power limited by FCC.

My brother & I both have P2V's. We fly together all the time. Only issue we experience is sometimes the iPhones pic up the other guys camera feed. Kinda freaks ya out when your bird is not responding to your inputs on the camera.
A quick wifi selection cures the problem right away. Usually we need to restart the dji app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik