5.0 vdc output

Reaction score
Where can I pick up 5.0 volts to run my gopro? I am going to do away with the ribbon cable on zenmuse and use a connector similar to this one: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1296
I don't have to have power to my gopro, but thought if I could find power some where I would hook it up while I was rewiring the video wires.

Thanks
Wayne

You can get 5.5V from any of the outputs on the Naza module (like M5/M6). Just hook up a servo cable, and red will be +5.5V, black/brown will be ground.
If you need exactly 5V, you should perhaps hook a 5V BEC (voltage regulator) up to a 12V source, such as an ESC power terminal.

edit: I say just run the gopro from battery and keep a spare handy :)

Now if you use that cable for power and video feed you'll have no output from the iOSD module. :? The video feed goes from the camera through the zenmuse to mini iOSD to the TX module. :eek:

jason said:
Now if you use that cable for power and video feed you'll have no output from the iOSD module. :? The video feed goes from the camera through the zenmuse to mini iOSD to the TX module. :eek:

I might be getting my wires crossed here (see what I did there ;) ) but I think the iOSD gets its power from the CAN-BUS. Routing power cables from the motherboard/ribbon cable should not be an problem to the iOSD because they go to the vTX not the iOSD. ... Or have I misunderstood your point ?

I just realized that I completely misunderstood the OP's question, my earlier post which I think I'm going to delete was how to keep power going to the FPV video transmitter, not the GoPro. my bad.

Hughie said:
jason said:

I might be getting my wires crossed here (see what I did there ;) ) but I think the iOSD gets its power from the CAN-BUS. Routing power cables from the motherboard/ribbon cable should not be an problem to the iOSD because they go to the vTX not the iOSD. ... Or have I misunderstood your point ?

Your correct where the iOSD gets it's power from but the iOSD gets it video from the zenmuse then onto the transmitter. So if he uses the cable in the link he posted the iOSD doesn't have a video feed out to the transmitter. The only way to solve this is to splice the viideo and ground cables and that means soldering wires.

jason said:
Hughie said:
jason said:

Your correct where the iOSD gets it's power from but the iOSD gets it video from the zenmuse then onto the transmitter. So if he uses the cable in the link he posted the iOSD doesn't have a video feed out to the transmitter. The only way to solve this is to splice the viideo and ground cables and that means soldering wires.

I am totally confused now because the posts we were discussing seem to have gone or being changed or something. No worries.

Basically I wanted to find the 5 volts the gopro requires to charge with. The cable I listed above will not work on its own. I was going to take the video wires and solder them together with the iosd wires to get my telemetry. Then take the power wires and find the 5 volts for them. I liked this usb connector as it was listed as a flexible cable. See below from description of cable.

An audio/video cable for the GoPro HERO3, HERO3+, and HERO4 cameras using the USB Audio/Video live out port. On one side, a right angled USB connector linked to a super flexible servo cable, and on the other end an ImmersionRC/FatShark compatible plug.

So that is all I was trying to find out

Wayne

doubledose said:
Basically I wanted to find the 5 volts the gopro requires to charge with. The cable I listed above will not work on its own. I was going to take the video wires and solder them together with the iosd wires to get my telemetry. Then take the power wires and find the 5 volts for them. I liked this usb connector as it was listed as a flexible cable. See below from description of cable.

An audio/video cable for the GoPro HERO3, HERO3+, and HERO4 cameras using the USB Audio/Video live out port. On one side, a right angled USB connector linked to a super flexible servo cable, and on the other end an ImmersionRC/FatShark compatible plug.

So that is all I was trying to find out

Wayne

That cable would work but you would have to splice into plug n play cable as long as it doesn't put any undue stress on gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31