4k video on IPad 2 mini.

The biggest problem is storing the footage. iPads are pretty limited in built in capacity. iPads really are not meant to edit video in any serious way.

You are better off just offloading to a MBP or any PC really. I use a MBP and FCPX and it import and edits the P3P 4K (UHD actually) footage beautifully. I use a microSD card USB adapter that came with my 64GB cards.
Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 14.16.57.jpg

My iPad has less internal memory than my 64GB microSDs.

Done deal. Works good. Thanks for sharing. Now if there was a way to add music/edit we'd really have something!
Today might be your lucky day.. iMovies for IOS has been updated to support 4K video so you might be able to edit your video and add music to it right from your iPad....

Update:

As a matter of fact it works a charm.. Just edited a 4K video i tranfered to mi iPad Air 2 using the method above.. iMovies for the win :D

Today might be your lucky day.. iMovies for IOS has been updated to support 4K video so you might be able to edit your video and add music to it right from your iPad....

Update:

As a matter of fact it works a charm.. Just edited a 4K video i tranfered to mi iPad Air 2 using the method above.. iMovies for the win :D

Tried but no can do on my iPad 2 mini. Everything is updated. Must be an iPad Air thing.

Update:

iPad mini 4 can playback 4K in oplayer but cant edit 4K in iMovie. That's blows...

I don't know which version of iMovies for IOS you guys are using but im able to play as well as edit 4K Footage on iMovies for IOS just as fine..

iMovies App: iMovie on the App Store

Not the Built in IOS player.

I don't know which version of iMovies for IOS you guys are using but im able to play as well as edit 4K Footage on iMovies for IOS just as fine..

iMovies App: iMovie on the App Store

Not the Built in IOS player.

Is your device on the 4K supported device list?

* iMovie supports 4K on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro

Create and share movies at 4K resolution on iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.1*

BS that the mini 4 is not supported when it's basically the same as the Air 2

I'm on 9.02 for the jailbreak so it could be an issue that I'm not on 9.1.

Reactions: ViperNuke
Is your device on the 4K supported device list?

* iMovie supports 4K on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro

BS that the mini 4 is not supported when it's basically the same as the Air 2

Yeah i have the iPad Air 2... Took me a minute to realized that what it was.... Agree the Mini 4 is just as fast & powerful as the Air 2 for Apple not to support it in this new build of iMovie.. Bummer.. Althought you might be able to still install the new iMovie using a walk around method...

Yeah i have the iPad Air 2... Took me a minute to realized that what it was.... Agree the Mini 4 is just as fast & powerful as the Air 2 for Apple not to support it in this new build of iMovie.. Bummer.. Althought you might be able to still install the new iMovie using a walk around method...
It installs fine and I can even see the thumbnail of the 4K video but when I select the recently added tab nothing is in there.

Reactions: ViperNuke
Try adding a new 4k video.. one that hasn't been added before...

I just unboxed my mini 4. That was the first one I've ever added. I imported the video to the photo album via the apple card reader. Looks like a no go for now on the mini 4. Video plays fine in OPlayerHD.

I'll try to add another though.

Not working for mini 4

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub