4k video on IPad 2 mini.

Reaction score
Hi all. Strange one this. I had a p3 advanced and 2.7k video played on my fine. I've now got a pro it it won't play 4k. Can anyone recommend the best app on iPad mini 2 to play 4k video please?

You have to have the correct hardware that is 4 k capable to ply in actual 4K. Using oft ware to play 4K video on hardware that can only play 1080p or slightly more only interpolates the video to the hardware store playable level. New 4K laptops have come out that can ply them streight up. Also there are 4K tv's on the market. Other than those it's just interpolation.

Just plug the iPad straight into the p3 camera port and DJI go asks me if I want to import.

Just plug the iPad straight into the p3 camera port and DJI go asks me if I want to import.

I will have to try this. First I'll have to find a lightning to hdmi mini cord? By reading here on the forum I understand this method takes forever to upload. Im loving my P3P but trying to watch the videos in the 4K res is soooo frustrating......laptop too slow.....youtube takes 1 hr per minute of video to upload......ipad mini only has the cached 720p.....
Dont know what the best way to solve this is?! Other than buying a shiny new laptop $$$$ouch!!!
FWIW I have a sd card reader coming for my ipad mini 2 but i expect this to be another world of frustration!!!!!!!!

Bomber... Please report your experience with the reader. I've also thought about the lightening to usb hdmi adapter.

Bomber... Please report your experience with the reader. I've also thought about the lightening to usb hdmi adapter.

Will do. Been waiting for a week now for it to arrive from within (eBay) Canada. Sick of waiting so im off to Best Buy to buy a better quality one. Will try it this afternoon.

Lightening to USB cord works great! No issues with time loading at all. Also now can play my 4k videos - thanks for your help :)

Lightening to USB cord works great! No issues with time loading at all. Also now can play my 4k videos - thanks for your help :)
Sorry, can you explain exactly which cable you're using (on both ends) and where it is being plugged in?

As I understand it, you're using a micro-usb to lightning cable. I've never heard or seen one of those before.

Sorry, can you explain exactly which cable you're using (on both ends) and where it is being plugged in?

As I understand it, you're using a micro-usb to lightning cable. I've never heard or seen one of those before.

Probably easier if I show you lol I'm still learning as I go. The second cable is a Apple iPad cable so not cheap - I couldn't find a alternative manufacturer but put these together and as soon as I turn my P3 on the Go software asks me if I want to import all the latest pics video. Works seamlessly. Hope that helps...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445715244.429123.jpg

Reactions: Cerone

Yep went to Best Buy and of course none in stock but the stores website says otherwise!!! Went to another electronics store and they have never heard of such a thing!!!!! Ended up buying a usb to micro HDMI adapter for $10 so I could use the iPads cord directly to the bird. Hurried home with high spirits .....I'm finally gonna be able to watch my 4K videos........yippee.......
Upon arriving home I got the bird fired up, iPad plugged to it, and wait for it...................nothing. No indication that anything is plugged in at all. In desperation I turned the iPad off and on then the bird off and on, and every combination of that.....nothing. Son of a mother it's frustrating.
While at Best Buy checked out the laptops that can handle the 4K video requirements and yep another $900. I guess I won't be seeing 4K for a while.

Probably easier if I show you lol I'm still learning as I go. The second cable is a Apple iPad cable so not cheap - I couldn't find a alternative manufacturer but put these together and as soon as I turn my P3 on the Go software asks me if I want to import all the latest pics video. Works seamlessly. Hope that helps... View attachment 34138

Not understanding! Your saying you're opening the GO app with your iPad plugged directly to the bird? I was thinking it's showing up as a camera when turning on the iPad and bird together without running the app.

Yes iPad plugged directly in, as soon as I turn on the p3 the Go software asks me if I want to import off the bird! Then once it's imported it asks me if I want to delete off the card in the phantom!

Good luck! I do struggle with third party lightening cables sometimes - hopefully you will get it right...

Probably easier if I show you lol I'm still learning as I go. The second cable is a Apple iPad cable so not cheap - I couldn't find a alternative manufacturer but put these together and as soon as I turn my P3 on the Go software asks me if I want to import all the latest pics video. Works seamlessly. Hope that helps... View attachment 34138

Thanks. For anyone wondering this is the adapter you need.

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter

I have the correct USB to lightning connector now and the photos and videos transferred from the bird easily. The one video I imported was 4:16 long and took a while to download. The video won't play, it just has the spinning thing in the middle of the video like it's trying to load or something. I got the AVPlayer HD app that was suggested above but don't know how to get videos from my "photos " to the app. How did you finally get the vids to play?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj