4k video download problem Phantom 4

Reaction score
As a virgin drone owner, I just purchased a P4. Using a Sandisk Ultra Plus 16 gb micro card, I can only download 1080 videos. For all other sizes of videos tried, my computer says cannot identify, or it displays a photo only. Is it the quality of the card? I am using Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 in 64 on my desktop to edit videos from my other cameras and have no problems. Any thoughts? Thank you for all the information you provide, phantom pilots forum has been a great source for me as I slowly get the courage to fly this frightening device a little further each time.

Last edited:
What is the write speed of your sd card?

Also, your computer may not be able to handle the video files. If you are doing 4k, you may want to change it from .mov to .h265 (if the 4 standard allows for that). If the write speed is below 90mb/s, you may want to look at getting a new sd card. You can also attempt to play the video in another player or download directly to your computer from the card without using cyberlink to see if the files will show up on your computer without issue.

Ultra Plus is quite a fast SD card.

If you're not using it already, try Daum Potplayer Global Potplayer I've found it can often play 4K and other videos on my not-top-spec pc when other players fail.

And as j.razz1 has already said above, import the video files onto your computer - don't attempt to play them from the card via a card reader.

What is the write speed of your sd card?

Also, your computer may not be able to handle the video files. If you are doing 4k, you may want to change it from .mov to .h265 (if the 4 standard allows for that). If the write speed is below 90mb/s, you may want to look at getting a new sd card. You can also attempt to play the video in another player or download directly to your computer from the card without using cyberlink to see if the files will show up on your computer without issue.

Thank you. I watched a YouTube video regarding fake SD cards. They said 3 out of 5 sd cards tested are fakes. They recommended uploading sd card testing software - h2testw - and having done that, the micro sd card which came with the P4 wrote at 15.7mbs. I purchased a Sandisk ultra plus 16 gb from Walmart and tested that. It wrote at 9.5 mbs. Both were tested using a usb micro card reader, rather than inserting the micro sd card into an adapter, then into my computer. My next problem is finding a fast, real micro sd card where I live, Tulum, Mexico.

Ultra Plus is quite a fast SD card.

If you're not using it already, try Daum Potplayer Global Potplayer I've found it can often play 4K and other videos on my not-top-spec pc when other players fail.

And as j.razz1 has already said above, import the video files onto your computer - don't attempt to play them from the card via a card reader.

Any 4K video owenrs can also try Brorsoft Player. It is a powerful player that can afford Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray folder, Blu-ray ISO and common media files and videos smoothly. You are allowed to play any Blu-ray disc/ISO files directly with 1080p HD visual effect and play H.265/HEVC encoding 4K video files losslessly on PC. What's more,as a wonderful media player for any HD/SD video files, you are able to enjoy the immersive audio effect in this top Blu-ray Player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20