4K video converter

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to play my videos from my drone onto my laptop or tv in 4K. Anybody know of any kind of adapter or converter that will do this?

Depends on what sort of laptop you have.

4K replay takes a lot of grunt to replay and most laptops do not have the horse power.

For a TV, it needs to actually be a 4K or UHD TV. To feed a 4K (4 times HD) signal to a 4K TV you generally need a HDMI type 2 connection - input. The hdmi type 2 connection is a newer standard and most TVs a year or so old do not have one.

Otherwise you need to render the 4K capture out to a more friendly and less processor intensive codec or format. Run the 4K through video editing software and downscale to HD (1080P).

Depends on what sort of laptop you have.

4K replay takes a lot of grunt to replay and most laptops do not have the horse power.

For a TV, it needs to actually be a 4K or UHD TV. To feed a 4K (4 times HD) signal to a 4K TV you generally need a HDMI type 2 connection - input. The hdmi type 2 connection is a newer standard and most TVs a year or so old do not have one.

Otherwise you need to render the 4K capture out to a more friendly and less processor intensive codec or format. Run the 4K through video editing software and downscale to HD (1080P).
I have a Apple MacBook Pro

You want to display "in 4k", so taking that to mean you want to see it in full resolution. So you need a 4k monitor or 4k TV, no way around this. Otherwise you are compressing the 4k video down to match the lower resolution of your laptop screen or 1080P HD TV.

If you simply want to display the 4k video on your laptop then VLC media player is great, it plays 4k video from my P3P just fine on a few different laptops I've tried it on, but then again I'm not actually seeing 4k because I don't have a 4k display...

I have converted my PC to 4K, needed video card and then added Dell 4K monitor, I also have an Oled LG 4K TV.
Ok enough bragging,:p
I am able to see all my video footage from my P3 as well as my GoPro, in 4K.
Still limited content in 4K available, but slowly increasing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie