4k video choppy

So i just extracted 4k video from the p4 sd card
playback on my comp is choppy even i make the windows small, i wonder whats the issue is
any experience

your computer is not fast enough to handle 4k footage. my mid 2010 MacbookPro couldn't hang and it was upgraded slightly. I just bought a new 15 inch retina.

It isn't always down to the computer. Depends on how much free RAM you have and what video player you have.
Firefox and Chrome have big memory holes - you can close down all the open tabs and find you are still using 2gb of RAM. Only way is to end task on it or reboot.

Shoot in 1080p until you have enough power to support 4k ;)

Had same issue, my MBP couldn't handle the 4K video either, it's the older 17" model, it's had double the memory installed and I even put a solid state HDD in it. My brand new 65" curved Sammy plays the 4K like a champ, in true 4K UHD even, footage is amazing I must say.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I noticed something with my p4 playing with the setting at night in my room

When I put on 1080 the transmission kinda dark and when I change to 4k it's look much better

I guess that how I feel about 1080 after getting used with 4k and update

So I'm trying now to shoot uhd 30fps
On comp it's not choppy

Until recently, VLC player was the only player that would play 4k videos perfect. Every other player was laggy and glitchy. I recently upgrade to windows 10 and the laggy video problems went away. I am now able play 4k videos on any of my players.

VLC on 4k seems to be crap under windows 10 - I was so suprised as I love it and use it all the time. Best performance of all on Windows 10 is the built in player!!! Media Palyer Classic is great if you go in and modify the settings as I described earlier.

It isn't always down to the computer. Depends on how much free RAM you have and what video player you have.
Firefox and Chrome have big memory holes - you can close down all the open tabs and find you are still using 2gb of RAM. Only way is to end task on it or reboot.

What would you suggest if it isn't a RAM issue? I assume that mine isn't since I have 32GB. Below are my system specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mac Pro
OS X El Capitan 10.11
2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM (8 x 4 GB)
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers