Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

4K Shimmer/Pixalization

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by TheWire, Sep 25, 2015.

1. TheWire

I was filming with a P3P in a wide canyon under cloudy skies. I mainly shot 1920 x 1080 videos . I also switched to full 4K I think 24FPS and recorded at that. I transferred the 4K video from the bird's SD card to a USB stick and plugged it in a 4K TV. The detail was awesome. However the trees and mountains shimmered almost like it was raining or some pixelization was occurring. I looked at the 1920 video and I seen a similar effect in the grass as I was hovering about 4 feet. Once I was > 20 feet I didn't notice this in the 1920 video anymore.

I haven't tried posting 4K on YouTube yet. I could try doing that if anyone wants to see the video.
    If anyone has thoughts on what might be creating this, please let me know.
    I'm also planning on doing a flight and recording the same scene in multiple resolutions and FPS to see if that sheds any light on it.

2. gfredrone

Bitrate and DJI's H.264 encoding/compression algorithm needs work. Good eye! You'll have to live with it.

3. 4wd

4wd

It might look better with sharpness reduced a bit..
    The standard setting is quite harsh and can lead to that kind of artefact effect.

4. Tony Perry

I was gonna say that I haven't noticed that, but I run with sharpness at -3, then add it back in post.