4K Exported To 1080p

Reaction score
Would picture quality be better if I record in 4K then export to 1080p? My 09 iMac is not powerful enough to process 4K clips and iMovie 4K does not support my iMac. Thinking of just recording in 1080p for now until I have a better desktop. Btw, will be upgrading RAM from 4G to 8G as soon as the part arrives. Will that help with choppy playback? Also, iMovie on my iPad Air 2 supports 4K. Is it the same version as the desktop? Should I just stick with editing on my iPad rather than buying a faster desktop?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's my thoughts. Windows movie maker only goes to 1080p, my comp. monitor is only 1080p, my smartphone, 1080p and my Samsung smart 55" TV........1080p. so, if I put together my videos in 2.7k (or 4k) what good is it. Think you actually have to have a monitor or TV that displays in 2.7 or 4k to actually see the high quality.

Thanks. I bought a P3P because I know I will be upgrading to 4K when it becomes more common. Didn't want to be left behind. So for now, will be shooting/editing/exporting in 1080p.

Ok, keep filming in 4k! I did some research and found this!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Kjell Granberg
This is the only one I've done so far. My first out of sight flight In 2.7k
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Film in 4k or 2.7k an export to 1080p. Looks great, that's what i do unless i want to film at 60fps. My 2 cents

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan