4k downscaling

vers 11 may work better w/ older gpu cards? Is there a V12 lite avail?
Yes. I've been using resolve 12 for a while. It's free and really good. It's editing features are solid but it's color grading is practically unmatched!

Hi all,
i em new and 1. many thx all people an forum for help my start fly with new P3p
now maybe i help you...

i using edius7.5,
downscal in 1 klick...4K to 2K or full HD. or hd..or sd..only 1 move with mouse...
edit enyting...avi..mp3 or mov...
pal or ntsc..
no problem with dji mp4 or mov
maybe try ?

When I want to bring/send the video to someone only using 1080p I will downsample using Handbrake and set the constant quality to 20. This is the fastest and easiest way I have found that produces the best quality; but that can also drop the quality if I need something processed even faster.

vers 11 may work better w/ older gpu cards? Is there a V12 lite avail?

NO it doesnt work better with older cards. Cmmon guys... I have been working with davinci since v.9 and up to v.11 there is no editing part or at least not a decent one inside!!! It has always been a color grading software only! Their editing just sucks till v.12! DO NOT USE 11 for anything you wanna edit! We used to work with different software then exporting AAF projects to Davinci for color grading purposes then exporting back to original editing app. Thats the workflow and its a pain!!

So when I say Davinci Resolve 12 is the BEST editor I ever worked with I mean it but up till v.11 its just useless as editing software. You got it? They did an amazing work on v.12. Btw. Davinci Resolve 12 is way more stable and working with it is faster and no it doesnt require a better GPU. But be aware! All Davinci versions require a good GPU! For example - with older ATI you wont even launch this software. Its built for nvidia but works with new ATIs as well.

One more thing - its not easy to work with! So if you are not a pro editor I suggest u use some other software.

EDIT: Yes there is LITE version available.

i using edius7.5,
downscal in 1 klick...4K to 2K or full HD. or hd..or sd..only 1 move with mouse...
edit enyting...avi..mp3 or mov...
pal or ntsc..
no problem with dji mp4 or mov
maybe try ?

Thats right. I suggest u try EDIUS if you dont wanna learn Davinci. Edius is far more user friendly :)

Gopro bought Cineform, so what they are doing is resampling the file into the cineform encoding, and doing anything else like fisheye conversion if needed. The intermediate format allows a reduced scale "preview" that is used for the editing, so you can see the edits and scroll around in real time, the you "export" or render it into a final format.

Alan
I tried downscaling some p3 4k video to 1080p with the gopro studio and players like VLC tell me that they dont suport the codec. what player should i use and is there a way to change the codec the gopro studio uses? i also have adobe media encoder and can't for the life of me get some sharp downscaled footage. it always turns out soft looking, i've tried high bitrate settings and in different formats and they always come out soft. any ideas? thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav