4k downscaling

Reaction score
This might have been ask before but not pertaining to my general situation.

I have an advanced my recording is fine with that.
My pro on the other hand I record in 1080 because I don't have anything 4k

So....here's my question.
I have an iPad air2 and a new cheaper model hp laptop.

What editing software can I use to down scale 4k to 1080p?

Hopefully something that's free or cheap please.

Thanks for the help

Go Pro Studio is free and pretty quick. Works for cameras other than go pro. There are many others but it's free and works!

This might have been ask before but not pertaining to my general situation.

I have an advanced my recording is fine with that.
My pro on the other hand I record in 1080 because I don't have anything 4k

So....here's my question.
I have an iPad air2 and a new cheaper model hp laptop.

What editing software can I use to down scale 4k to 1080p?

Hopefully something that's free or cheap please.

Thanks for the help
Try davinci resolve 11

Reactions: scooterchris
Go Pro Studio is free and pretty quick. Works for cameras other than go pro. There are many others but it's free and works!

I think GoPro Studio only works with 'GoPro Source Clips'. That would rule out all DJI vids.

Capture.PNG

To downsize the 4k for better sampling you would need to first encode with a intermediate format like prores or cineform, to get the best results. Also on the DJI site the transcode utility will do that, and then load in Resolve and downsample.

Alan

Reactions: scooterchris
I think GoPro Studio only works with 'GoPro Source Clips'. That would rule out all DJI vids.

It does work for down scaling as he wants. It will not trim clips unless GoPro and the GoPro fisheye will not work.

Filters work, etc.

Reactions: unclejas
According to the screenshot I just took (see above), it doesn't.
It can only trim GoPro clips that are not imported (ie in their native format). However you can import GoPro and Non-GoPro video files alike and then fully edit them in GoPro Studio.

It does work for down scaling as he wants. It will not trim clips unless GoPro and the GoPro fisheye will not work.

Filters work, etc.
Not true, files need to be imported it will work with any kind of video source. Just convert it to the intermediate format it wants to use for editing.

Alan

Actually I think its just the first trim in the import step that does not work. After converted you can cut.

I have used it many times for a quick edit with Phantom 3 Pro video.

Filters work, etc.

Oh, ok, thank you. I had just installed it and noticed I couldn't trim a clip. I see the Edit function has many more options available as you mention. Thanks again!

Gopro bought Cineform, so what they are doing is resampling the file into the cineform encoding, and doing anything else like fisheye conversion if needed. The intermediate format allows a reduced scale "preview" that is used for the editing, so you can see the edits and scroll around in real time, the you "export" or render it into a final format.

Alan

Reactions: rrmccabe
Agree but do not go for 11 go for 12 theres a public beta 3 already and its excellent...
vers 11 may work better w/ older gpu cards? Is there a V12 lite avail?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers