4K Camera - Phantom 3 Advanced (It works!)

Reaction score
After trashing my P3A the other month and wrecking the airframe and the gimbal/camera, I finally got it back from the repairers this week and first flight was today. I took the opportunity of the repair to upgrade the 2K camera to 4K. Some interesting things have since happened:
a) I've now got a working 4K camera.
b) The DJI App recognises my Phantom as a Pro
c) I can change the name of my Phantom.

Alas, the computer, monitor aren't fast enough to play/process 4K video so looks like I now have more upgrades to do :)

Don't forget that when you do any firmware updates you now need to load the update for a P3P, not P3A.

Frank, what did you change to make it work? Thanks

Nothing; literally a case of getting Heliguy(the repairer here in the UK) to replace the whole gimbal/camera assembly with the 4K version from a Pro. Once done, it was a case of updating the firmware. The DJI app automatically recognises the Phantom as a Pro.

I suppose i ought to get myself some gold stickers now ;)

Reactions: Jezzy
Do you also notice improvement in your downlink video quality now that you have the option to increase it from 2Mbps to 10Mbps?

No, can't say I've looked for that. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have a look later. :)
Can you let us know, I asked the same question yesterday. Cheers.

I think the downlink we get is limited to 720 dpi in either case. I'm getting in my 4k Pro camera/gimbal tomorrow and will be doing the change over when it comes in. I know that I need to update the firmware to P3P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair