4K camera - P3 Pro - warning

I use 1080 @ 50fps, I have tried 4K, 2.7k and they both can only shoot at 25fps. (PAL). Even on very slow pans I still see jumps in the video, 50fps is silky smooth.I use taco ND filters and double the shutter speed to 100.I have looked at lots of phantom videos and most of them have the same problem. Is this because of the low bit rate of the 4K.

I have both pc and mac but performance is purely based on specs. mac mini 2012 has 2.5ghz i5 with 16gb ram and pc has i7-4790 with 16gb ram. pc has SSD and mac has no. I put a sample 4k video from p3p for 1 minute and added some brightness, contrast and some color correction. render time for pc is 2minutes 49 seconds, and render time for mac mini is 1 hour 39 minutes 37 seconds.

I used adobe premier cs6 on both machines with no other application running in the background. I knew it wasnt going to be a fair test but I wanted to test claims of people saying macs outperform pcs even with lower specs. I have been editing short clips for 3-4 years now and IMHO non of the 13" macbook pros or 25" imacs can outperform pc with a dedicated graphics card which support Cuda or OpenGL. imac27" and mbp 15" have ok cards but if you need decent performance go for Mac pro which is a beast!

P3P a toy? Actually if could be very dangerous in the wrong hands - it is NOT a toy!
Also it has capabilities far in advance of many military and police drones from say 2 or 3 years ago. Some of these cost $100,000 and yet have no more real capability. You can even get a FLIR camera for a P3 now!
Where can you buy a FLIR for P3? I've seen an ad for a FLIR to mount on the Inspire only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4