47 MPH in P mode

Reaction score
Anyone ever have this happen I was flying my p4 today and it acted like it was in sport mode even though it wasn't every time I would go forward it would reach speeds in the 40's the props were in the camera and everything just as sport mode would be but I was definitely in p mode checked several times to be sure. Once I landed I switched it to sport mode and it swapped over to sport mode in the top title where it normally says gps safe to fly so I don't think it even thought it was in sport mode.Thanks!

It's pretty normal to get into the 40's in P mode with obstacle avoidance turned off and a bit of a tail wind. I see this often.

If you turn on obstacle avoidance, your speed will drop quite a bit.

S mode and atti will get you in the 40 mph, P mode will get you around 20 mph because of sensing.

Yes this has happened to me once only so far , I took off in p mode with new after market props on ( green & red )and thought wow these are fast , I also flicked from p to att and back but stayed the same speed . Finished flight changed battery and re set everything and it all went back to (p) and a lot slower . I've done many flights since with both sets of props and it's not happens again , very strange .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Jaxon
Note the obstacle avoidance function gives you two completely different P settings when it comes to speed. The top speed depends on whether OA is on or off.

With obstacle avoidance on, you are limited to about 22 Mph. With it off you can go faster.

I've never seen anything official on how fast you can go in P with OA off, but I just hit 38 Mph this morning in that mode and it was fairly calm. As I mentioned above, with a tail wind I can easily get into the 40s.

avoid.jpg

Reactions: Jaxon
Yes I had obstacle avoidance turned on and everything. Nothing aftermarket added at all. I haven't got to fly it again since due to the wind but hoping it was the same thing that happened to richpoolside and everything will go back to normal next flight. I don't think it was a tail wind though only because it had the aggressive tilt that it normally only gets in sport mode and was consistently going in the 40's no matter what direction I was going.

I hit 45.4 mph today in P mode. I got nervous trying to slow down I don't like when it stops too fast, I feel as if it will flip and fall out of the sky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers