45 minute flight

All it takes is $$$. The motors are likely worth a Phantom each, and the battery system likely in the thousands of dollars..

Fundamentally though, it does very little a hobby grade multi can't do, other than doing it further away if needed, for hundreds or thousands time the price. Knowing it's being done today means we will definitely be able to as well in the near future. Exciting times!

A friend of mine deployed in Afghanistan tells me that all of his crew have hand sized drones with cams for looking over walls and in buildings that use FPV and get 15-20 minutes. They are everywhere, disposable, and standard issue. That tech is coming to us.

Ive seen people get over 1 hr on some multicopters and range of 10km is not much for a uhf system and long range antennas. The weight of this is 4.8 pounds or about 2.2 kilos and so with a setup that can easily lift that weight with motors and props with a battery quite likely over half the weight so its not anything too far beyond hobby gear.

Sure its much better then a phantom but if a vision can do 28 minutes at around 1.2kg another kilo of batteries with better motors and props would easily achieve the same flight times. The fact this is purely designed for spying or helping to kill people as its for military use then the concerns over private hobby craft is just a bit hypocritical is it not.

The props look interesting and hd digital video link but the rest isnt doing much more then what you could quite easily do with hobby grade gear.

Here is a long flight test on a DIY quadcopter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ScZ8zDsVvk[/youtube]

Using a UHF system like dragonlink or EZUHF 10km range isnt an issue and if you have lots of flight time this sort of range wouldnt be much of an issue as you can see people do over 60km with these types of setups on planes and many to 20km on multicopters.

Here is an 80km flight on a rc plane and there is no reason to go this far on a quad but shows range is not much of an issue with the right gear.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_PxhU9i9Ng[/youtube]

Actually it's quite a bit larger than a Phantom, it doesn't have a 45 minute flight time. In the video the operator says 30 minutes. The type of motors it runs is the main reason, they are larger diameter, flat and thin, great for hovering around, but not doing any type of acrobatics.

We have one and I actually saw it fly for 48 minutes and this was during training and not just hovering. a very complicated machine though.

Did ya see the price sheet? Just the camera is $2800.00

Ksc said:
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/content/dam/lockheed/data/ms2/documents/procerus/Indago_VTOL_Systems_Datasheet_080513.pdf

the stats read:
45 minute flight
10km line of sight
speed 30mph

the video for it shows how small it is. no bigger than a phantom. Maybe the arms are a bit longer but either way, how are they getting 45 minutes of flight time with a camera and fpv and we are happy when we get 10 minutes?

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/procerus.html

If the tech we get is this bad *** imagine what kind of stuff is going on that we don't know about. Some of these things can probably do things we could not even imagine. Saw a prototype of one the size of a bumble bee once with FPV and hours of flight time.

Is that all?
I recently saw a quad on youtube that claims 88 minutes of flight time.
It had a battery system with 10amps worth of lipos.
And the motors were 5 times the size of the phantoms.

With a dual battery setup on a phantom you could get close to 40 minutes of flight time.

Anything is possible! If you have large pockets, all these long flight quad copters cost thousands. The batteries alone cost $600-800. Charging that probably take forever. How I see it value for money the Phantom is absolutely great, for its price it reflects the flight time. You can probably push a standard phantom battery 2-3km out and back to you,once it comes back change the battery! Just stock up on loads of batteries,definitely be cheaper then the military drones.

But saying all that one-day these drones will come down in price and that when to buy one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers