4400 feet distance. Stock P2VP with stock P2V remote control

Reaction score
No modifications, other than using remote controller from my P2V instead of the remote controller that came with the P2VP. The P2V remote controller has slightly higher transmission power than the P2VP remote controller.

I use the P2VP range extender, because it's got more transmitting power than the P2V range extender.

Some enthusiasts, one in particular, use subject headings that say "Stock P2V", then go on to describe the equipment they've added and the modifications they've made. I don't think highly of such false reporting.

I'm surprised I was able to get to 4400 feet with both FPV and quad control before losing the connection. I stayed under 400 feet altitude and it's highly likely that the treeline was blocking direct radio and wi-fi contact at that point.

http://youtu.be/Xa0sfEzfhqU

Re: 4400 feet distance. Stock P2VP with stock P2V remote con

Hi,what is the procedure to bind the vision RC controller to the vision plus

Ozziebattler said:
I am not trying to be flippant but the manual describes the procedure better than I can, and shows a picture (a picture is worth a thousand words) of the exact location of the reset button location on the underside of the P2VP.

See pages 26 and 27 of the most recent P2VP User Manual. It takes less than a minute to bind a different remote controller to a Phantom.

Bigbells said:
Ozziebattler said:
I am not trying to be flippant but the manual describes the procedure better than I can, and shows a picture (a picture is worth a thousand words) of the exact location of the reset button location on the underside of the P2VP.

See pages 26 and 27 of the most recent P2VP User Manual. It takes less than a minute to bind a different remote controller to a Phantom.

Cheers mate

That was some hike m8 lol

:lol:

in that area (nice flat terrain in rural area) with antenna upgrades on the transmitter side alone, I suspect you'd easily get 6000+ feet

phantomguy said:
in that area (nice flat terrain in rural area) with antenna upgrades on the transmitter side alone, I suspect you'd easily get 6000+ feet
I imagine I'll be trying that one of these days. In the meantime I'll keep trying to see if I can improve on 4400 feet with the set-up I've got.

My longest flights here in NC and previously in NJ have been when I've headed in a direction in between south and west. I don't know if that's due to local geography, coincidence, or something else.

Bigbells- you should try the booster app and let us know if your flying distance improves with the same flight course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plasmo said:
Bigbells- you should try the booster app and let us know if your flying distance improves with the same flight course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been keeping up with the thread regarding the booster app. I believe the booster app is designed to increase FPV distance, not remote control distance. Assuming that's the case, there's no way it can increase my flying distance.

How do you guys do this?! I start to twitch when it's out past 1000 feet. :D

D_Tshudy said:
How do you guys do this?! I start to twitch when it's out past 1000 feet. :D
HAHA I know the feeling. I once went 3000 feet before RTH kicked in. I thought that was a record and also thought my phantom was gone because I could not see it.
Seemed like an eternity before I heard it buzzing oVerhead.

You flying environment makes a huge difference in your range. If you are in Wi-Fi congested urban environment, with poor line of sight, you will get much less range than if you are flying from the shoreline over water, or out in the country over open fields. For maximum range, you don't want anything between you and the Vision+.

DB, did you get your FPV upgrade yet? I'm really looking forward to that thread.

D_Tshudy said:
DB, did you get your FPV upgrade yet? I'm really looking forward to that thread.

Not yet. I have to find the Dual Mimo amp too..FPVLR doesn't have stock on them yet.

Ok so I have to say the booster app does work . :)
I fly a stock vision + bird with stock controller ,but a fpvlr 1/2 dome on my extender
I get 1 to 1.1 miles with control signal before RTH
I get that same distance with my wifi but needed to run 640 15fps to keep it
now I run 640 30fps and solid all the way out
So I guess that is all I now need as the next step would mean doing work on the control antenna and I really never fly that far out anyway was just fun to see were the limit.
Without the 1/2 dome the best video I could get was 320 30fps to 1900 ft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues