400ft then lost signal

Reaction score
Yesterday i got my P3S out and decided to take it to the highest legal altitude ( 400ft ), i went straight up and then got the maximum height reached, showing around 391ft on my phone. Then it started saying week signal i started bringing it down and then it said signal lost ! It then went back to green GPS almost instantly. I don't know if it was the wifi signal or the remote signal and i can't seem to pull up the notification in the DJI app. I have taken my drone out further than 400ft before with no problems just not up 400ft high could this be todo with my antenna position or something ?

Yesterday i got my P3S out and decided to take it to the highest legal altitude ( 400ft ), i went straight up and then got the maximum height reached, showing around 391ft on my phone. Then it started saying week signal i started bringing it down and then it said signal lost ! It then went back to green GPS almost instantly. I don't know if it was the wifi signal or the remote signal and i can't seem to pull up the notification in the DJI app. I have taken my drone out further than 400ft before with no problems just not up 400ft high could this be todo with my antenna position or something ?

Most likely the problem is that you went straight up above you. It doesn't fly too well straight up. Try going out a bit then going up.

The remote will say "weak remote signal" or "lost remote signal" and activate RTH. "Lost remote signal" will be in the flight log and if RTH is activated will also be in the flight log. "Weak remote signal" will not be in the log. If you loose video the flight log will not have data for that period since the log is saved as your flying on the mobile device.

It's all to do with angles and radio wave propagation.
You get optimal signal reception when the antenna is parallel to and aimed at the antennas in the Phantom's legs.
It's impossible to achieve this when the Phantom is straight up and the further away you get, the weaker the signal becomes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie