4000 mAh from UK

Okay nj.

Here you go.

Phantom FC40

It is important to read the battery voltage before taking off.
This will provide two important pieces of information.
1. That the battery is charged.
2. If the battery is failing.

2200 mAh. Battery.

Phantom 2 propellers.
Tarot gimbal (Not connected due to faulty gyro)
GoPro camera.

Battery start voltage 12.54v.
1st. Naza voltage level warning set at 10.36v. (82.5%)
2nd. Naza voltage level warning set at 10.30v. (81.5%)
1st level warning at 7m. 44s.
21 seconds to ‘auto-land’.
Duration at ‘auto-land’ 8m.10s.

4000 mAh. Battery.

Phantom 2 propellers.
GoPro camera.

Battery start voltage 12.53v.
1st. level warning at 15m. 40s.
30 seconds to ‘auto-land’.
Duration at ‘auto-land’ 16m. 10s.

I have been advised that my levels are too low, so I am to raising the 1st. level warning to 10.75v and 2nd. level warning to 10.55v. for future flights.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Very useful. Would also be interested to see how you get on once the levels are raised.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I am on it - but due to other commitments and a long weekend away coming up I will post my findings soon hopefully, weather allowing.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Pete

No rush, Pete. We've got a 6 week old baby, so I'm not getting chance to take the FC40 out at the moment anyway!

deltamike said:
Okay nj.

Here you go.

Phantom FC40

It is important to read the battery voltage before taking off.
This will provide two important pieces of information.
1. That the battery is charged.
2. If the battery is failing.

2200 mAh. Battery.

Phantom 2 propellers.
GoPro camera.

Battery start voltage 12.54v.
1st. Naza voltage level warning set at 10.36v. (82.5%)
2nd. Naza voltage level warning set at 10.30v. (81.5%)
1st level warning at 7m. 44s.
21 seconds to ‘auto-land’.
Duration at ‘auto-land’ 8m.10s.

4000 mAh. Battery.

Phantom 2 propellers.
GoPro camera.

Battery start voltage 12.53v.
1st. level warning at 15m. 40s.
30 seconds to ‘auto-land’.
Duration at ‘auto-land’ 16m. 10s.

I have been advised that my levels are too low, so I am to raising the 1st. level warning to 10.75v and 2nd. level warning to 10.55v. for future flights.

Pete

Why do you think your levels are too low? my first is 10.25.... I get good flight times on stock 2200 lipo similar to yours, 6 lipos all in good condition after many months of flying the quad has probably clocked up more that 30 miles of flights in total!!! - Carrying the payload in my signature....

Simon...

I have 4 of these (Multistar High Capacity 3S 4000mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack) arriving today and curious about charge rate.

Do we need to charge them at reduced amps to prolong the life?

I have the standard (?) FC40 charger, LiPo/LiFe - 1/2/3 amp.

Thanks

Why do you think your levels are too low? my first is 10.25.... I get good flight times on stock 2200 lipo similar to yours, 6 lipos all in good condition after many months of flying the quad has probably clocked up more that 30 miles of flights in total!!! - Carrying the payload in my signature....

Simon...

Hi Simon,

Don't forget I was testing until Auto Land - something which I doubt you would do when flying normally - I know I would not either. I suspect you might land before the first level warning and that probably would keep them in good condition.

Pete

IflyinWY said:
I have 4 of these (Multistar High Capacity 3S 4000mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack) arriving today and curious about charge rate.

Do we need to charge them at reduced amps to prolong the life?

I have the standard (?) FC40 charger, LiPo/LiFe - 1/2/3 amp.

Thanks

Hello Wyoming,

As I understand it, it is best to charge a 4000 mAh at 4 amps but reducing the charge rate to 3 Amps will not harm the battery but nor will it prolong its life. It will only take longer to charge.

Here is some bedtime reading for you

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I'll be putting some of that info where it's easy to find.
I love finding answers to all those questions that keep popping in my mind.

Got any suggestions for when I'm flying in canyons and that **** red light won't quit flashing? :eek:

Took some video of Crazy Woman Canyon this evening. I'll keep Y'all posted.

Hi Wyoming,

That's a good video. Put a link here so that others can have a look see too.

I must advise you that on power up of your Phantom leave the aircraft on the ground - and do not move it - and then wait for two series of rapid flashing greens. Then you can close the battery cover and take off.

If you are flying GPS the reason you are getting the green-red is because the Phantom is telling you that it has got some satellites but not all it would like to have. I suspect the higher you go then the red will be replaced by a green only which is ideal for the GPS mode. DJI hint that it is unadvisable to take off unless you have a green and no red but in my experience one green-red is just about acceptable but not 100%.

If you have hills and / or trees around you and the GPS satellite signal is blocked off then the aircraft will go into Atti mode without warning.

Extract from the FC40 Manual :- 'If in GPS Mode, keep the aircraft flying in the open space without obstruction. Pay attention to the GPS satellite status indicator. When the GPS signal has been lost for 3s (LED flight indicator blinks red twice or three times), the system enters ATTI. Mode automatically.'

This is why I advise new pilots to learn flying in Atti mode as soon as they are able to so that if the aircraft does go into Atti mode you will recognise the fact and know how to cope with it.

I rather suspect that this is the cause of a few flyaways because the pilots cannot cope with the sudden mode change.

I fly only Atti or manual mode and in the wind my video is a lot more stable than in GPS.

Regards

Pete

Hey Guys,

Sorry I dropped the ball on this for so long. Thanks for bringing it back to life.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html

Yep, I've found it to be too long. You can do some minor mods and make it fit and/or buy a bigger battery door. Don't know where to get the larger battery door, shouldn't be hard to find. I took mine off and use wire through the hinge points and latch hole to hold the battery and wires in place. ;)

It is definitely too tall/high, whatever. I took my dremel and opened the hole a little bit. Piece of cake and it's a tight fit, no bouncing around - AT ALL.

The 10C discharge is a little bit of an issue at 6,000 ft MSL. Sometimes I need to mellow my flying a bit while the battery catches up. I bought 4 at about $25 US. They are my favorite batteries, by far.

Hey Who Dat, where you at?

I found the length fine, but needed to remove a few mm from the lower side of the battery door.

I put leads in first, battery slightly taped to alter angle of wires and it goes in no issue.

I put a video on facebook, on the DJI phantom FC40 owners group if you are on there?

IflyinWY said:
Hey Guys,

Sorry I dropped the ball on this for so long. Thanks for bringing it back to life.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html

Yep, I've found it to be too long. You can do some minor mods and make it fit and/or buy a bigger battery door. Don't know where to get the larger battery door, shouldn't be hard to find. I took mine off and use wire through the hinge points and latch hole to hold the battery and wires in place. ;)

It is definitely too tall/high, whatever. I took my dremel and opened the hole a little bit. Piece of cake and it's a tight fit, no bouncing around - AT ALL.

The 10C discharge is a little bit of an issue at 6,000 ft MSL. Sometimes I need to mellow my flying a bit while the battery catches up. I bought 4 at about $25 US. They are my favorite batteries, by far.

Hey Who Dat, where you at?

Thanks for the info. I got it in yesterday and took an x-acto knife to the body and door. Fits snugly but fits. About to take its maiden flight.

I'm from New Orleans originally but live in Houston now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers