400 ft max

Reaction score
So I know that in the US 400 feet is the max altitude but I thought that the p4 would go up to 500 meters or 1650. Mines max altitude is 394 feet. Is that changeable. Also, what happens if you launch from above 400 ft sea level? Does it go 400 ft above ground level or sea level? I don't care to fly a above 400 feet but I'd like to be able to if ever I need to for some reason. Thee are a lot of elevation changes where I live. I could start out at sea level and land a couple of hundred feet above that.

The Phantom is able to fly up to 500 meters over top of the takeoff location. You can change that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Max-Altitude.PNG

what happens if you launch from above 400 ft sea level? Does it go 400 ft above ground level or sea level?
It goes 400 feet above the takeoff location. The Phantom doesn't know where the ground is located and it doesn't know anything about sea level.

Yes, your surroundings and interference will play a part in your signal strength. Your antennas work perpendicular to your drone. So, face the long part of your antennas toward the drone at all times. Not the tips of the antennas. Hope this helps

Yes, your surroundings and interference will play a part in your signal strength. Your antennas work perpendicular to your drone. So, face the long part of your antennas toward the drone at all times. Not the tips of the antennas. Hope this helps

Sounds like you are in the wrong thread.

Sounds like you are in the wrong thread.

Yeah, I'm not having interference issues. Heck, I haven't even seen the signal drop even one bar yet. I live way away from everything. Interference is not an issue here.

The Phantom is able to fly up to 500 meters over top of the takeoff location. You can change that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 81041

It goes 400 feet above the takeoff location. The Phantom doesn't know where the ground is located and it doesn't know anything about sea level.

Thank you very much again for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers