400 ft Limitation glitch

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to fly above 400ft from home point without getting a warning on their dji go app ? I was flying the other day and decided to fly above a farmer plowing his field and started to gain altitude for a better shot of the field . I didnt notice I was over the 400 ft ceiling and never got a warning . Not proud of myself , I am a hypocrite because I preached to others not to do what I have done.
Anyway , I was out in the country and well away from any major city or airport. Not that I am using it as an excuse , but just stating the facts. Not going to say how high I went , but I didn't stay long , and came straight down.
So , I was not aware you could do this with a P4 . Has anyone experienced this .

The DJI GO limitation is 500m.

Make sure you set your height limit in the Go app under MC Settings.

What did you set it to? "400"?

Never flew higher than 400 before because as soon as I got there , the warning popped up. Well , never got to 500m anyway and wasnt looking to get there .

Nobody messes with my equipment . I did have a friend fly my quad the other day (i was present) . I am going to have to check to see if he changed something , even though I dont think he would know where to look.

Holy crap. He must of changed my settings. Was set to 380. No wonder I didnt get a warning. Gotta talk to my buddy . Still , I would assume the warning comes up regardless of that setting because of the region you are in. Is this not a fact?

No, you will only be warned when you reach the height you specify in the GO app. We are responsible for setting it ourselves.

Reactions: Fallguy
It would be a nice feature though to just be warned at 400ft in the US, not necessarily limit the height at that though.

Holy crap. He must of changed my settings. Was set to 380. No wonder I didnt get a warning. Gotta talk to my buddy . Still , I would assume the warning comes up regardless of that setting because of the region you are in. Is this not a fact?
FYI, the default setting from DJI is 120M. When you change it to anything else from 121M to 500M, you have to accept the warrning from DJI that you need to fly below 120M AGL.

That said, I fly more than 120M above my takeoff point all the time, however I never go above 120M AGL. When climbing mountains I max out at 500M above take-off point quiet often, but I'm less than 100meters AGL, and often less than 50M AGL. I flew to the peaks of the Flatirons in Boulder Colorado a couple months ago. They were 480M above my takeoff point, a mile away, outside of the park. That's a great flight if anyone lives near there. You can see rock climbers on the FlatIrons, and the 2X zoom in the P4 works awesome to find them.

Last edited:
I found the limitation setting a bit confusing the first time I used it. I first changed from metric to imperial thinking all would be in feet. I set my max at 400 thinking I was all good to go, so I flying out enjoying the view and realised I was at 534 feet, WTF. Came down below 400 finished my run then looked in go and realised that the max was in meters, many systems if you set imperial all is imperial, now I know.

The DJI GO limitation is 500m.
500M height??? mine says 120m and I didn't think that could be changed. Will have a look!

Last edited:
FYI, the default setting from DJI is 120M. When you change it to anything else from 121M to 500M, you have to accept the warrning from DJI that you need to fly below 120M AGL.

That said, I fly more than 120M above my takeoff point all the time, however I never go above 120M AGL. When climbing mountains I max out at 500M above take-off point quiet often, but I'm less than 100meters AGL, and often less than 50M AGL. I flew to the peaks of the Flatirons in Boulder Colorado a couple months ago. They were 480M above my takeoff point, a mile away, outside of the park. That's a great flight if anyone lives near there. You can see rock climbers on the FlatIrons, and the 2X zoom in the P4 works awesome to find them.
Can someone tell me where I can find info about the "2x" zoom that was mentioned above?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20