400 and BELOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to all the fear mongerers then.
I've been trying to. I'm not the one in support of restrictions or the one arguing with the one saying the chances are astronomical ;).

400 feet is absurdly low for a restriction. Granted I'm generally never above that. But I will not support a 400 foot altitude restriction

Tell that to all the fear mongerers then.

More like tell that to the passengers:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're about make our final approach into JFK airport. Please return to your seats. You may see some objects outside your window. Those are drones. We decided there's too many regulations and so we decided to let people fly them as high as they like. Don't worry though, the likelihood of one of them causing us to crash and die in a fireball of twisted metal and jet fuel is really very low? See you on the ground!"

More like tell that to the passengers:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're about make our final approach into JFK airport. Please return to your seats. You may see some objects outside your window. Those are drones. We decided there's too many regulations and so we decided to let people fly them as high as they like. Don't worry though, the likelihood of one of them causing us to crash and die in a fireball of twisted metal and jet fuel is really very low? See you on the ground!"

Lol if you say so.

I'd say the chances of an engine failure due to lack of maintenence is dramatically higher. Or even a suicidal pilot.

But hey call your senators demanding restrictions on your hobby

I personally believe the no fly zones around airports to be enough to keep everything safe personally. That and common sense. Most that have 1k in disposable income has common sense. Sure theres going to be idiots out there. But should we let those few rule the majority?
Problem is the no fly zones are a dji thing and don't apply to self builds and other makers

The chances are astronomical. At best

Yup, ASTRONOMICAL... because the FAA and other U.S. Govt. authorities have devised one of the safest suite of aviation, operation, guideline, and regulation policies on Earth, which, most other countries look to as a model.

Now add the irresponsible and, (unfortunately) to their defense, ignorant actions of the fringe and you get the astronomical accident.

Yup, ASTRONOMICAL... because the FAA and other U.S. Govt. authorities have devised one of the safest suite of aviation, operation, guideline, and regulation policies on Earth, which, most other countries look to as a model.

Now add the irresponsible and, (unfortunately) to their defense, ignorant actions of the fringe and you get the astronomical accident.

Share the skies, just like the radio waves. The gov't can't own it all. Fair protection under the law. Just sayin'

"In the United States, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has the sole authority to control all public airspace, exclusively determining the rules and requirements for its use. Public air space is classified as the 'navigable' airspace above 500 feet."

--49 U.S.C. 180, 49 U.S.C.A. 18 , § 40103 "use of airspace"

That's just the way it is dude. You can ***** about your freedoms all you want, but that's the actual law. And if they say you can't fly your drone in that airspace, you cannot. I'm not sure why you think this is an infringement of your rights, since it's a right you've never had.

"In the United States, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has the sole authority to control all public airspace, exclusively determining the rules and requirements for its use. Public air space is classified as the 'navigable' airspace above 500 feet."

--49 U.S.C. 180, 49 U.S.C.A. 18 , § 40103 "use of airspace"

That's just the way it is dude. You can ***** about your freedoms all you want, but that's the actual law. And if they say you can't fly your drone in that airspace, you cannot. I'm not sure why you think this is an infringement of your rights, since it's a right you've never had.

I was born with my Rights. The gov't took them away with a piece of paper, without just cause, but no one challenged it... yet. The law needs to be changed, just like it was with radio waves and tv and the internet. As you quoted above "public airspace". Am I not the public? Allowances will need to be made as the hobby becomes more and more capable, not the other way around.

A free man doesn't ask permission. It's why we left England. Just because something is law, doesn't mean it's right. Slavery use to be law too.

I was born with my Rights. The gov't took them away with a piece of paper, without just cause, but no one challenged it... yet. The law needs to be changed, just like it was with radio waves and tv and the internet. As you quoted above "public airspace". Am I not the public? Allowances will need to be made as the hobby becomes more and more capable, not the other way around.

A free man doesn't ask permission. It's why we left England. Just because something is law, doesn't mean it's right. Slavery use to be law too.

You were not born with the right to fly a drone into federal airspace, because drones are a new invention that came AFTER that federal airspace was there. I do find it hilarious how you think that regulation should disappear because YOU happen to feel responsible enough to not be a *******. The world doesn't revolve around you. It has to encompass complete morons so we can all be safe.

Oh, come on. If there weren't any goons doing this crazy stuff, we couldn't have these great threads where everyone shouts holy hell about how we should just take our toys and go home and hide. I'm with the poster above who knows how to fight for my right to fly my copter. I probably come off a little rough-edged, so I'll apologize for that now. It's hard to tone it down when there are those people who are completely ignorant of the subject who want to ban this or ban that or who have already written local laws that will never hold up under scrutiny. Rights not exercised are rights given up.

Go Phantom!!

Reactions: Apparition
Right, so I wasn't born with the Right of free speech on the internet, cuz it's new. Where did I say regulations need to disappear? I said, the law needs to change.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you. I guess that makes me the "complete moron" you imply. Glad you kept it civil.

Jesus Christ

1c3e4316fce1efb478f1b56482c1ea04.jpg

Reactions: Adam Kontras
Right, so I wasn't born with the Right of free speech on the internet, cuz it's new. Where did I say regulations need to disappear? I said, the law needs to change.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you. I guess that makes me the "complete moron" you imply. Glad you kept it civil.
I didn't call you a moron. You'd have to be a moron to think I was. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4