400 and BELOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4k professional version.

Basic registration won't work, it would require an electronic tag of some sort. If a phantom is eating by a huge 777 engine, there will be nothing left to trace. The pieces would be scattered for miles and the smaller than M&Ms

I am the pilot of a passenger jet and yes we sometimes do maneuver around stuff.
how fast are you travelling in meters per second on landing approach? How far away could you be from an object that's 450mm wide and half that as tall and still see it? how many seconds does it take you to maneuver around an object that may also be moving in any direction?
Trying to figure out how big of an object it would have to be for a pilot to see it and how much time they would have decide to avoid it and actually be able to.

Reactions: mmee1992
The problem is they are not able to specify the type of "drone"

how fast are you travelling in meters per second on landing approach? How far away could you be from an object that's 450mm wide and half that as tall and still see it? how many seconds does it take you to maneuver around an object that may also be moving in any direction?
Trying to figure out how big of an object it would have to be for a pilot to see it and how much time they would have decide to avoid it and actually be able to.
Yeah that would be tough. We can usually see birds pretty well but we still hit them all the time. We are normally traveling around 65 meters per second on landing approach. It would be tough thats for sure. Unless it was night and you could see the lights from pretty far.

Reactions: loganboyd
An octocopter with gimbal and DSLR camera would play bloody hell with the fan blades.

So would a bird, which is much more likely to connect with a plane due to sheer numbers.

I guess this is where I am different from everyone else on this site. I come mainly from firearms as a hobby. We fight new restrictions tooth and nail. On here it seems many take what if scenarios that are HIGHLY unlikely and gov proposed restrictions as law.

I don't do anything ignorant with my drone by any means. But just because one person did, and didn't cause an incident mind you, doesn't mean we have to have restrictions in place.

In other words, I enjoy freedom

You have jedi reflexs if you can avoid incoming birds at 400+ MPH
No jet is flying that fast that low on approach. more like 150 mph.

Reactions: RJohnson
I bet that it was KillerKut. He specifically talked about flying 3000 feet up around LaGuardia, but that he could do it safe because he was "smart".

He was creating hazards at JFK.

About 800-1000ft.

Only if you're looking for one.

I am the pilot of a passenger jet and yes we sometimes do maneuver around stuff.

Like other planes, right? [EDIT: "loganboyd" beat me to the punch!]

"damitjim" put it best: Aircraft carriers don't maneuver around fish. By the time, you saw the Phantom it would be confetti coming out the engine.

OT rant: Thank you FOX news for the animated ALERT ALERT ALERT message, otherwise I wouldn't know that this was vital news of national significance that everyone must know right now! Keep 'em afraid Murdoch! Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj