400 and BELOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passenger jets don't 'manuver' around things... not like that. That's like saying aircraft carriers manuver around fish.

Hell, they ram whales and sharks all the time, same with trains.

WhaleRules1-4213d2a8.jpeg

this-is-news.jpg

Reactions: louforgiveno
Sure, but it doesn't matter which one it was at this point. If you're on the island of Manhattan and you're putting your bird up to 3000 feet and then showing off pics on a community board? You're the enemy of our hobby/sport/whatever. It's these actions that will BAN drones. They're all the same to me.
People who do this need the hammer thrown at them big time but I think there is a bit too much hysteria on drones being banned. If they ever do it will because someone strapped some c4 onto one and is used regularly in terrorism but at that it's easier to fill up a car or van with explosives and do way more damage but cars won't get banned, hell guns don't get banned in your country?

The fact that this was withing a few hours of other planes reporting green lasers hitting the cockpit, I wouldn't put it past some ISIS wannabe trying to make a name for himself.

Reactions: louforgiveno
People who do this need the hammer thrown at them big time but I think there is a bit too much hysteria on drones being banned. If they ever do it will because someone strapped some c4 onto one and is used regularly in terrorism but at that it's easier to fill up a car or van with explosives and do way more damage but cars won't get banned, hell guns don't get banned in your country?
The reason there's a danger of an outright ban is because people are scared of the word "drone". So any bad press about it adds to the issue. From falling "Drones" from the sky, to being spyed on - if asked? People DON'T WANT THEM AROUND. I obviously disagree, but it's just the way it is around here.

The solution? Have some certifications, licensing - you show the public that you're capable of SELF-POLICING the hobby. They did the same thing with guns. At one time the NRA would train people, have safety demonstrations... they weren't always just a lobby group trying to deregulate. We need an organization that takes this over and makes users that break the rules responsible for their actions. Otherwise? The government WILL step in. And they couldn't possibly care less about it harming the community.

I hate this but I'm going to use it here... LOL!

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
The fact that this was withing a few hours of other planes reporting green lasers hitting the cockpit, I wouldn't put it past some ISIS wannabe trying to make a name for himself.

Exactly, this smells like criminal intent. Get those bastards and drop the hammer on them HARD.

The reason there's a danger of an outright ban is because people are scared of the word "drone". So any bad press about it adds to the issue. From falling "Drones" from the sky, to being spyed on - if asked? People DON'T WANT THEM AROUND. I obviously disagree, but it's just the way it is around here.

The solution? Have some certifications, licensing - you show the public that you're capable of SELF-POLICING the hobby. They did the same thing with guns. At one time the NRA would train people, have safety demonstrations... they weren't always just a lobby group trying to deregulate. We need an organization that takes this over and makes users that break the rules responsible for their actions. Otherwise? The government WILL step in. And they couldn't possibly care less about it harming the community.
The only way to regulate it is for a full I'd and registration system before you leave a store with one and a complete ban on online sales because anyone can buy one never mind just build one. That's gonna be an uphill battle and only a voluntary system will work which idiots just won't partake in. It's so hard to get caught too now you can fly miles away from your launch site

The only way to regulate it is for a full I'd and registration system before you leave a store with one and a complete ban on online sales because anyone can buy one never mind just build one. That's gonna be an uphill battle and only a voluntary system will work which idiots just won't partake in. It's so hard to get caught too now you can fly miles away from your launch site
Yeah, I agree with the registration of the drone part for sure. That way if it does cause damage and you're miles away - the bird is attached to your name. It would make everyone feel a lot safer if they knew these weren't totally anonymous crafts. We have the technology to make this work. Will it help the people that build their own for nefarious reasons? Nope. But it will curtail the morons that buy the "popular" drone of the minute and run it into buildings and airplanes. If you know your bird will easily be identified as yours if it falls? Guess what you're probably not gonna risk...

Reactions: Ti22
Yeah, I agree with the registration of the drone part for sure. That way if it does cause damage and you're miles away - the bird is attached to your name. It would make everyone feel a lot safer if they knew these weren't totally anonymous crafts. We have the technology to make this work. Will it help the people that build their own for nefarious reasons? Nope. But it will curtail the morons that buy the "popular" drone of the minute and run it into buildings and airplanes. If you know your bird will easily be identified as yours if it falls? Guess what you're probably not gonna risk...
The great thing here is that people are generally amazed by our drones and what they can do. There is no hysteria in the general public over the word drone

Not necessarily, (I hate the idea of this) but like registering a car here. I can go down the street and buy my neighbors **** box for 200 bucks and drive it as much as I like as long as I don't get caught. If I get caught without registration I get a fine. I suppose a system like that could be enforced...and it would suck.

I fear these types of stories coupled with the willingness of a lot of pilots to fly recklessly will inevitably lead to bans or some kind of licensing requirements.

Passenger jets don't 'manuver' around things... not like that. That's like saying aircraft carriers manuver around fish.
I am the pilot of a passenger jet and yes we sometimes do maneuver around stuff.

Reactions: Ti22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4