400' altitude limit question

When I registered with the FAA I remember that as one of the guidelines. I could be wrong, but I could be right. [emoji441]. I will double check.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Do not intentionally fly over unprotected persons or moving vehicles, and remain at least 25 feet away from individuals and vulnerable property.

Yep. I am right.

So, do not fly over unprotected persons ever or just not closer than 25 feet overhead? Hmm.

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
Do not intentionally fly over unprotected persons or moving vehicles, and remain at least 25 feet away from individuals and vulnerable property.

Yep. I am right.

Doesn't sound correct.

Link???

It sounds like they are asking people to never fly over locations (at any altitude) where you know there are people below. For example, you shouldn't be intentionally flying over people at 30 feet in the air. That's how I'm reading it anyhow.

It sounds like they are asking people to never fly over locations (at any altitude) where you know there are people below. For example, you shouldn't be intentionally flying over people at 30 feet in the air. That's how I'm reading it anyhow.
Yeah, I totally agree that we need to try to stay far away from people. That 25' is in the FAA REG.

That 25' is in the FAA REG.
Yes, sir. It sounds like they mean 25' horizontally though. If the FAA wasn't so good at being vague, their suggestions could be more obvious.

Reactions: Comte de Bleuville
If I'm on a cliff top which is over 400' high and I launch my P3P and then fly over the edge what will happen?

A. Bird will descend to 400', now too low to RTH

B. Bird will know that I launched from cliff top and use that as the starting altitude

C. ?

Lot's of confusion on this altitude "rule". There is no altitude limit for US hobbyist flights. No FAA or other US legal altitude limit for non-commercial drones under 55 pounds. As per Public Law 112-95 Section 336, the FAA may not make any such rules applying to "model aircraft", and all common recreational drones fall within the definition of "model aircraft" under that law. For commercial drone flights the FAA altitude limit is 400 feet above the ground or above any structure within 400 feet of the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4