4-State Borders Region MD-PA-WVA-VA

You responding to me? I am in Gettysburg. Not to far from Baltimore. You willing to help a new guy out?

Cousin lives in Boonsboro MD so we travel down there quite a bit to golf and spend some time. Will have to let you know when we travel your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey gang.

I responded to the MD area and I just shot four covered bridges in the Thrumont and Fairfield PA area. Still editing the final but here is the preview -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw the earlier post about the covered bridges. A few years ago I did the Baltimore Bike Club Civil War Metric Century and that was my inspiration. I plan to go back out and shoot again this Spring too. Going to see if there is a way to get permission to fly along the Potapsco River Valley too. Right now the most interesting places there are still within the 30NM of the Reichtstag so it is an NFZ.

What about Paw Paw as a shoot, though you have to stay away from the Canal as it is NPS?

Where do you fly around F.R.? Skyline Drive would be great if not for NFZ's, lol!

I've done some flying around the high school and Bing Crosby Stadium. I also did some stuff over at one of the parks near the Shenandoah to take some pictures of the river.

Salutations and Happy Flying-
Bikers welcome by the way-
keep it on 2 ....o~^o

Hey highway,
buddy biker here from Charles town.
We should hook up one day and fly, after one of your coffees of course.
I have a p3p

Do you/Can you do any flying at Hapers Ferry?
Yea, I have flown at Harper's ferry, right at the beginning when you turn out from 340, right there by the canal was where I did one of my first videos. There was a cop right there, I told him what I was doing and he actually came out of his car and wad interested in seeing how it worked. I have now moded the antaennas with a dbs maxx range, once I put the signal boosters on, I will be able to take off right from there and fly over the train station and all the interesting sites without causing too much alarm with the nay sayers that may exist

Yea, I have flown at Harper's ferry, right at the beginning when you turn out from 340, right there by the canal was where I did one of my first videos. There was a cop right there, I told him what I was doing and he actually came out of his car and wad interested in seeing how it worked. I have now moded the antaennas with a dbs maxx range, once I put the signal boosters on, I will be able to take off right from there and fly over the train station and all the interesting sites without causing too much alarm with the nay sayers that may exist
Hell, I might have to go up there a do some flying. I'd love to get some good shots of all that historic stuff there, and the scenery. Catching some trains going by would be sweet too.

Where did you launch from?
Screenshot (4).png

Where did you launch from?View attachment 58006

Turn on to Shenandoah st from 340, as soon as you do that, there will be a parking lot on your right. I launched from there. Didn't want to go into main street Harpers ferry. If you are using boosters and moded RC you should be able to fly it to main street. Give me a shout when you want to come down and I can meet you and fly together if you like.

Hello,

I just came across this thread while trying find places near and surrounding Harpers Ferry that I can legally and safely fly.

Have a good one!

Last edited:
I don't know, but when you find a good spot, let us know!

My idea of the perfect spot is, in the shade, open area to fly, nobody around, nobody can see me, nobody can see my car, no airports in my flight area.

It's tough to find all these things in one place but it can be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic