4 pin LED/GPS cable extension

Reaction score
I love to modify and customise just about anything I can, the phantom is no exception. Amongst my ideas of things to do to the phantom, I find myself in need of an extension cable for the LED module. I figured this would be no problem and a quick search on eBay for a "4 pole servo cable" (and similar word searches) should provide me with various sources! But no! And after a few months browsing the web with no more luck, I started to concede that I just might not be able to do exactly what I wanted.

As Murphy's law would suggest, now I have stopped looking for the cable, a source has fallen into my lap! After many emails back and forth I find myself in the unique position to buy a cable with the exact config I might need. So, while I'm here I'd like to know, does anyone else have a use for a direct extension for the LED/GPS to naza cable? I find the GPS cable rather short when taking the lid off, so you might want it for there? Or perhaps you may want to run the LED module to an OSD (FB Ghost, miniNAZAOSD etc) and back to the naza.

Now the cable possibly exists, I'm thinking of different ways it could be used, and I'd like to be able to show the person who could make it there is a market for him :)

Hey diff- Like you I need an a 4 pole extension cable for my phantom GPS. I've looked everywhere all over the web but can't find what I thought might be an easy cable to find, but no.

Do you know where I could find one???
Thanks, doug

I keep an ample supply of 1-pin to 12-pin blocks just in case.

http://hansenhobbies.com/products/conne ... onnectors/

This is a good, reputable shop. They don't carry sleeves for anything other than 3-pin though.

I extended my LED cable and stuck the board outside my Phantom. The light is visible literally 10x farther in bright sunlight now.

PD3txgZ.jpg

ElGuano said:

Will their 1x4 block fit in the LED/GPS ports on the NAZA? I couldn't get 4 1x1 blocks to work even though they seemed to create the overall same dimensions as the stock plug. The stock plug also uses a oddly-formatted female terminal with the catch in a different place (so no stealing their housing and slipping my terminals in it).

I was working on that just last night, trying to get the extension made for the stock LED board in to Dewey's batt door(s). LOVE the ratcheting crimper I got from Hansen. HATE scraping off the white sealant DJI uses on the LED board...never had so much trouble removing it from other components.

OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:

Will their 1x4 block fit in the LED/GPS ports on the NAZA? I couldn't get 4 1x1 blocks to work even though they seemed to create the overall same dimensions as the stock plug. The stock plug also uses a oddly-formatted female terminal with the catch in a different place (so no stealing their housing and slipping my terminals in it).

I was working on that just last night, trying to get the extension made for the stock LED board in to Dewey's batt door(s). LOVE the ratcheting crimper I got from Hansen. HATE scraping off the white sealant DJI uses on the LED board...never had so much trouble removing it from other components.

Yes I use the Hansen 1x4 housing in org the exp and led ports on the Naza. It is a snug fit but it goes in and out without modification for me. It may not be a bad idea to sand it down a bit so it's smoother, but I prefer my connectors tight :)

ElGuano said:
Yes I use the Hansen 1x4 housing in org the exp and led ports on the Naza. It is a snug fit but it goes in and out without modification for me. It may not be a bad idea to sand it down a bit so it's smoother, but I prefer my connectors tight :)

Sweet, thank you. My 1x1 housings came from a different supplier, so maybe I could have just sanded them a bit. Still I'll get just get some 1x4's from Hansen for simplicity's sake.

@Doug: it occurred to me you might be able to use the flytrex Phantom cable as an ad-hoc extension for the GPS lead: https://onestoprc.com/flight-recorders/ ... cable.html

If you're going that far, you might as well get the flytrex board anyway, which usually includes that cable. Either way, I'd suggest emailing flytrex to confirm the cable can be used for what you need...the owner (Amit) is fantastic about responding to questions. He's also a member of this site.

Exactly! Amit from flytrex can make them!

I actually e-mailed him to see if I could get some, and ended up getting a flytrex core aswell. The 4pole extension he was able to supply, was a direct plug in fit on both ends of the cable. I suggested he should offer the 4 pole extension as a misc spare on his site, as I wasn't able to find anything else to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.