4 hours and 11 mins total flight time and my P3PRO is dead

Reaction score
I am the owner of a 2 weeks old phantom 3 professional with 4 hr 11min total flight time !
NEVER crashed NEVER fell Never landed hard Never took off without all pre flight check ups and calibrations and NEVER HIT OR TOUCH anything. And today i got an "ESC status error" and my phantom will not take off. Latest firmware updated good on both the phantom and the rc.

I contacted the official dealer and he said that a part needs to be replaced.
I contacted DJI and they might consider a replacement - meaning - a prime collection assembled together from DJI's graveyard.

DJI is not supposed to be a cheap half way basic shitty drone company, Take pride of your product and take care of your client. i am not a kid, i do this for a living and i do not need to deal with this situation with 4 hours flight time.

Do i own a spare one ? No, and thank god for that. seeing how DJI handles it's clients, i rather wait for Gopro's version.
Do i understand that sometime electronics fail ? Yes, but they also need to understand that sometimes they fail way too early for it to be normal and change the bad drone with a new one.

what the hell is this ???? did i buy i cheap toy ?

Thank god that Gopro will have a drone out in 6 months, even if it's going to be not as good as DJI...wait...with DJI service protocol, with so many issues out there....i am sure that GOPRO's version will do better. and without a doubt, checked and tested, Gopro has an amazing customer service.

What's your problem?
There's nothing in your rant to explain what you're so unhappy about.

My problem is that After 4 hours of total flight time, i don't want a welded esc on a brand new drone. i think i deserve a new one due to Manufacturing defect (1.C) on DJI's warranty.

My problem is that After 4 hours of total flight time, i don't want a welded esc on a brand new drone. i think i deserve a new one due to Manufacturing defect (1.C) on DJI's warranty.

No .. your problem is that you want to rant.
You've unfortunately run into a hardware error that can happen any time.
You haven't even given DJI an opportunity to fix things but want to rant heavily against DJI and whatever you imagine they might/might not do.
I've just seen how you've done this over on DJI's forum and there's no need for you to do it all again here.
I remind you of our community guidelines where you'll find this:
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Rant closed

No .. your problem is that you want to rant.
You've unfortunately run into a hardware error that can happen any time.
You haven't even given DJI an opportunity to fix things but want to rant heavily against DJI and whatever you imagine they might/might not do.
I've just seen how you've done this over on DJI's forum and there's no need for you to do it all again here.
I remind you of our community guidelines where you'll find this:
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Rant closed
Last edited by liorpt In 2015-11-16 19:50 Editor

I am blown away by how things moved fast after i contacted DJI customers service, explaining to them what went down with my "4 hours total flight time-ESC fail). ending up with a dead P3PRO when i have to board a flight with it on a paid job,Tuesday morning (15 hours from now).

Things started moving right away and maybe even during the weekend when they were closed

At the end of the day, during this weekend i got an email from DJI saying that they are taking care of it, i did not know what it means, i was just about to cancel my flight, no new emails on sunday...i was lost.

I decided to put my faith in DJI, got into my car today (monday) and headed to DJI main office - 4 hours drive with nothing but hope that something will happen.

40 mins before i got to the location...an email came from DJI, Saying that they are handling it and trying to get things sorted fast. i replied quickly that i was actually heading to the main office and that i will be there in 40 mins...Thinking that this will be an impossible job to coordinate in such short time, cause even i know that i am not the centre of the universe. A minute passed and i got a second email from DJI confirming that they know that i am on my way and that they will start moving things with the dealer, that's when i knew that i have a DJI Angel on my shoulder.

Got to the dealer (very friendly and kind), Had a cup of coffee, he checked my flight log, Had a couple more Emails exchanging with my DJI Angel that made sure that everything is being taking care of...and...I GOT A NEW P3PRO. NEW...IN A BOX.

What else can i say? I got treated like i didn't even dare to dream that i will be.

I may have jumped the gun too fast, assuming that i will be left hanging for weeks when i actually need to go to greece with my drone tomorrow.

I was maybe to comfortable googling "DJI service issues" to fit my needs and to assume it's a hack job operation.

I guess i was an idiot not to trust them to understand my situation.

Now, Things might go bad again...no one knows, but whatever happens i think it's clear to say that at least there is a team to back the user.

Not gonna mention the angel's name, can't show the very caring emails, but there is a New P3PRO waiting to fly over Santorini in 24 hours or so.

Gonna buy my Osmo when i come back from Greece.

Peace and thank you

Reactions: Reed L
Last edited by liorpt In 2015-11-16 19:50 Editor

I am blown away .......

Gonna buy my Osmo when i come back from Greece.

Peace and thank you

If you're doing commercial work, I recommend having a backup plan. These craft can fail, and so can you at flying. $1300 for a second machine is cheap insurance, considering flying to Greece costs more than that. If you're truly doing commercial work for the long term, I recommend getting an Inspire and use the Phantom for backup and indoor work. Then get the Osmo.

I am the owner of a 2 weeks old phantom 3 professional with 4 hr 11min total flight time !
NEVER crashed NEVER fell Never landed hard Never took off without all pre flight check ups and calibrations and NEVER HIT OR TOUCH anything. And today i got an "ESC status error" and my phantom will not take off. Latest firmware updated good on both the phantom and the rc.

I contacted the official dealer and he said that a part needs to be replaced.
I contacted DJI and they might consider a replacement - meaning - a prime collection assembled together from DJI's graveyard.

DJI is not supposed to be a cheap half way basic shitty drone company, Take pride of your product and take care of your client. i am not a kid, i do this for a living and i do not need to deal with this situation with 4 hours flight time.

Do i own a spare one ? No, and thank god for that. seeing how DJI handles it's clients, i rather wait for Gopro's version.
Do i understand that sometime electronics fail ? Yes, but they also need to understand that sometimes they fail way too early for it to be normal and change the bad drone with a new one.

what the hell is this ???? did i buy i cheap toy ?

Thank god that Gopro will have a drone out in 6 months, even if it's going to be not as good as DJI...wait...with DJI service protocol, with so many issues out there....i am sure that GOPRO's version will do better. and without a doubt, checked and tested, Gopro has an amazing customer service.

At least you didn't lose your drone over water! Be patient and wait for it to get fixed. It should still be under warranty.

MTBF= MEAN Time Between Failures, not MINIMUM.
nope.gif

I'm curious. What do you do with a $1300 flying camera that will allow you to still make money after buying a $2000 plane ticket to Greece?

I'm curious. What do you do with a $1300 flying camera that will allow you to still make money after buying a $2000 plane ticket to Greece?
I'm guessing the OP is visiting family, and the job is to take a family photo of the house on the side of the hill with all the family members waving. He's promised them a aerial photo, hence the immense pressure to deliver. Again, this is only a guess, and I'm as curious as you about the actual job.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Hi guys...

So, in my case a ticket to Greece costs 250$ (It's an hour and a half flight). B. didn't even pay that cause it's a full paid job.

It's a nice welcome to this forum, i hope to enjoy, learn and contribute.

I will do my best with writing in English.

I guess you all know that there are tons of ways to make money with your drones, i just kinda found 2 good ones for myself, as a side job that makes money like a nice full time job.

Reactions: twist4 and bobmyers
Soooooo, it's a secret?

It makes more sense that you're close to Greece. I couldn't imagine what you could be doing that someone would pay you enough for an expensive plane ticket plus profit when the tool can be purchased for under $1300.

FYI gopro service is no better, I crashed and cracked a GoPro lense, they told me not only is it not fixable, but they don't service their products they just sell you another at a discount. After searching on how to replace my lense I bought one for $12 and had it replaced in 5 minutes. So don't count on Gopro being any better at standing behind their new drone.

Reactions: Milehighdesign
Soooooo, it's a secret?

It makes more sense that you're close to Greece. I couldn't imagine what you could be doing that someone would pay you enough for an expensive plane ticket plus profit when the tool can be purchased for under $1300.

I'm back.

Your assumption is so wrong (the way i see it).
The right people would pay super well when they need you. The price of the tool does not count...

what if i told you that The government of Thailand spent something like 15-20K$ on bringing me to Thailand a year ago, for a week, first class return tickets and super high end hotels, 4 domestics flights, private driver in every location and a tour guide...just so that i will take photos ? 15-20K$ !

Now, if you reply "No way...you're dreaming" i will link you up for the evidence.

So...i assume that even if the ticket price to greece was 2000$ they would still pay it.

the thing is...you gotta make the right buisness connections....people will pay and much as you ask for as long as you know what you're doing and you are a professional (Not a pro photog...just a pro person with handling your buisness).

I'm guessing the OP is visiting family, and the job is to take a family photo of the house on the side of the hill with all the family members waving. He's promised them a aerial photo, hence the immense pressure to deliver. Again, this is only a guess, and I'm as curious as you about the actual job.

The comment above goes for you as well...

Well...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20