Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

4 green, 2 red repeating LED

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Kenneth Gundersen, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Kenneth Gundersen

My P3 pro gives this warning. I'm out in the field and cant check what this warning means. I'm close to restricted area as I also get this warning on screen. I tried a smal liftoff but quad went a bit "crazy" so I aborted the flight. I was out on a big concrete-road so I think maybe the compass went crazy by lots of iron in the concrete-road. Take off was from the concrete as well. So I think this was the reason for the "crazy" flight. But very heavy wind too, so I didn't take the risk to fly more.

2. Buckaye

The manual says: red flashing alternatively is an IMU error (they don't specifically call out the pattern you have described) - so I would try to find a good, cool, no vibration place and run an IMU calibration before you try flying again

3. Kenneth Gundersen

Thanks for your answer. It was like someone took control and drove the bird in directions. I had to fight back to get her down safe. I just came back home and my nerves is almost back in normal . Still windy here but not as much as out with the ocean. Tried the bird now and everything seems ok. Checked the compass status ok too. So I think maby the big areas with concrete with iron confused the compass. Compass maybe confused in the air too causing the driftout. Not sure though, but I have learnt a lesson .

4. Kenneth Gundersen

About the lights, could it be it was ready to fly (4 green), but in restricted area (2 red)? Should maybe got a warning about the compass too so maybe the 2 red was for the compasserror? Not sure if you get red leds when trying to fly in restricted area. Have to read more about this...