Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

4 Compasses?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Fantomas, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Fantomas

Anyone knows why there is 1 wire running from the main board to each and every leg of the P3, meaning 1 wire per leg...could it be that the P3 uses 4 compasses?

Attached Files:

• p3.jpg
      p3.jpg
      File size:
      118.6 KB
      Views:
  2. gppms

No man it's just antennas.There is only one compass like the previous phantom.

3. leekiya

I was wondering about the antennas and were they were and have never seen that picture, so happy to learn they are on all 4 sides of the bird. Hopefully no more FPV cut on the return to home journey. cheers gppms

4. gppms

Yes my friend and hopefully Fpvlr make antennas for long range flight similar to the lightbridge.I install them to the lightbridge and fly for 5 KM without breaking the only limitation to go further was the battery.

5. leekiya

I hope so george i really do. Im hoping for a controller side antenna upgrade first, for ease and so not to add more weight to the bird. Actually the arrival of the bird it self is the thing i am looking forward to the most, at the moment i cant stop looking at pics and info about, im obsessed. LOL

6. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Would that require 4 compass dances? :)

Multiple compasses wouldn't provide much benefit. It wouldn't make their output much more precise as each one would be subject to the same external interferences as the others. It's not a common component to fail so redundancy isn't really a pressing need either.