4 1/2 min video cuts after 30 sec

Reaction score
I'm a newbie. I shot a 4 1/2 minute video, and it imported into iPhoto, and played once. I since imported it into GoPro Studio, and now all I can see is the first 30 seconds - the rest is gone. Has anyone had this issue? Obviously I'm doing something wrong. This is my FIRST video ever ... darn it!

HELP!

you didn't close the file properly. you can try 2 things

1. if the original file is still on the sd card. Put the sd card back into the camera and power cycle the camera.

or

2. if the file is copied, moved, cut from your SD card to your computer. put it back on the card and do step 1.

If you're lucky. You might just have the file closed and can get it back.

good luck.

Bmews

I bet you have a slow SD card. Slow SD cards will only give you 30 seconds or so of video time before they shut off.

Did you by any chance re name the Clips filenames? When the GoPro shoots, it will at some point create a new clip which continues where the previous clip left off. It's called "Spanned Clips" if you have the original clips still on the card with the original filenames untouched, copy those to a folder on your hard drive. Import them directly into GoPro Studio.

How many clips are there?

If you could see the entire video at some point before conversion then your GoPro was able to record it to the card (card is fast enough). If it gets "truncated" during the conversion process then it is an issue with the file being converted. GoPro uses Cineform codecs and they are known for this issue. I have the same issue if I use GoPro Studio and then import the files into Adobe Premiere.

Google GoPro files truncated (and then whatever software you are using) Then dig through the information until you find your issue.

badbrad97 said:
If you could see the entire video at some point before conversion then your GoPro was able to record it to the card (card is fast enough). If it gets "truncated" during the conversion process then it is an issue with the file being converted. GoPro uses Cineform codecs and they are known for this issue. I have the same issue if I use GoPro Studio and then import the files into Adobe Premiere.

Google GoPro files truncated (and then whatever software you are using) Then dig through the information until you find your issue.

I've seen this (only) 30 seconds showing in the timeline business with files from a Drift Ghost too.
Can't remember why it was doing it - it isn't anything to do with not closing the file in the phantom.
I think I just shut the software down and started over and it imported correctly next time, but it felt like something had been switched from default by accident.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj