4.02 Update - Flight now squirley

Reaction score
Upgraded my Phantom (original version) to 4.02 and now when I boost the throttle quickly to gain altitude, the craft is all over the place. I do have quite a bit of extra weight attached (FPV, Telemetry, Gimbal, External battery), but it has never been an issue before. Flight was fine before firmware update. See the attached video. I did reload the stock phantom settings after the firmware update. Any ideas? Interestingly enough, after the update I haven't been able to connect via USB to check settings.

Video: http://youtu.be/5aCepAAPfqg

Be sure to load 4.0 parameters after the upgrade (I think that's what you said you did, but just to be sure), then calibrate the Tx, IMU, redo the compass settings, and note that after the 4.02 upgrade, I had to set the RC type to D-Bus instead of PPM to get my Tx to communicate. That might not be your problem since you apparently have SOME control. Mine had zero until I went from PPM to D-Bus. Also, connect to the software and turn on the transmitter and watch the indicators while you move the sticks. Make sure they are operating properly and they aren't stuttering all over the place. But... if you are having USB connection problems you might have to reload drivers, reboot, etc. before you can actually connect. Not sure why you'd lose USB.

Mike

Also check copter status - IE Asst -> RC -> quad X (2nd box) mixer type

Interestingly enough, after the update I haven't been able to connect via USB to check settings.
And there is the problem.....

Until you fix the driver or USB system issue you are taking the Phantom's life in your hands by flying it without recalibrating Everything as you should do after a firmware update. I am mildy impressed the thing even flies !
I have seen the DJI interface take down the USB bus on a PC before, rebooting the PC normally restores connectivity.

I should clarify, immediately after updating I was able to go in via USB and load the parameters, make adjustments, etc. Now a couple of days later it no longer is accessible. I tried on a few different computers (tried different cables as well) and still can't connect via USB. The flasing light pattern does not change when plugged in, so my guess is the unit isn't even seeing USB. I'll have to pop the top and take a look at the connections internally.

Finally received my new LED/USB board and installed it. I am able to communicate with the NAZA once again.

Reloaded default parameters, did a advanced calibration and I still have the issue. It only occurs at 100% throttle. 80% and below and the craft flies normal. As soon as I go 100% throttle, it is all over the place again.

Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik