4.0 pulled? Back to 3.16..

Reaction score
Seen a post on phantom Facebook group about 4.0 being pulled and assistant software prompting people to downgrade back to 3.16? At work so I haven't checked myself but can anyone confirm this?

If this is true it looks very bad on Dji, using there paying customers as beta testers? Perhaps if this is all
True they will acknowledge finally the problem with the fly away issue and maybe even offer some kind of help to those who have lost there birds??? <--- that's probably being a little optimistic but you never know.

2.18 assistant and 4.0 are still on the Phantom downloads page on DJI's site.

Kashalp said:
Perhaps if this is all true they will acknowledge finally the problem with the fly away issue and maybe even offer some kind of help to those who have lost there birds??? <--- that's probably being a little optimistic but you never know.

Yeah, that's a nice thought, but I agree probably a little too optimistic. :) The reality is that yes, there are probably some flyaways that are due to hardware or firmware issues -- but I'm sure there are as many due to pilot error or general poor decisions (flying too near power lines, leaving your GoPro's WiFi turned on, faiure to calibrate compass or IMU, failure to wait for proper satellite lock, etc. ad nauseam). So as much as we'd like to see DJI "man up" and compensate people for the flyaways that really *are* the fault of the product -- I don't know how you would ever figure out which cases those would be.

Not defending DJI at all here -- they definitely do things "too fast" and without proper engineering management. On the other hand, "proper engineering management" is also the reason that it takes my phone carrier six months to get an Android update onto my mobile after Google releases it -- so I don't want my Phantom to live in that world either. I guess we pay a bit of a price for living on the cutting edge and getting new cool features literally every month.

Case in point, I've had my P4 completely ignore a pull-back command, and the OA not performing, allowing it to contact an object, ultimately causing it to veer itself into a brick wall at full-tilt..

Details on that incident, if you're interested, are here:
Drone ignored pull-back command = crashed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj