3rd person view footage ?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Is there any 3rd person view footage of a phone or tablet with P2V video.

All the videos out there that I see are obviously from the Visions camera but I really want to see what the FPV video quality is like. Especially when flying behind obstacles such as trees etc.

So anyone know of anyone who has recorded their smart device with another camera so we can see what the video is like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I saw that when it first came out and that's the only one I can find.

Any others for some more real life examples and to compare?

Still looking for a working Android screen capture app that actually works, so that I can capture and add in to videos. The ones I have tried to date don't work at all on my rooted HTC One. Happy to pay for an app, but not found one that actually works to date.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OK, tried a whole bunch actually found one that works called Rec.

The South Coast is about to get hit with more storms, so I popped out briefly this morning, and it was was too windy to get stable footage, but it did allow me to test. Had some WiFi issues this morning, not sure if it was the buffeting from the wind, the overhead on my phone capturing video whilst simultaneously receiving it or maybe the camera firmware which I upgraded to 1.1.9 last night. This is something I will need to test again, but it definitely works for now.

Oh, you need a rooted device running kitkat, I always run custom ROMs so not an issue, but if you needed to you will be best served over at XDA-Developers forum for all your rooting, etc advice & files.

Anyhow, this allows you to see both FPV and the Phantom captured footage back to back.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXMnBjp31M[/youtube]

Interesting to see the flight data. Post up some more if u can. I'm interested in see how the wifi video feed works at distance, behind obstacles etc

At the edge of range you start to get video disruption, but the data feed usually stays going for longer. If you knock the preview quality down to a lesser setting you can usually bring it back up. It seems variable as to when these trigger points happen depending on weather, geography, how saturated with wifi the area is and (possibly) how charged up the range extender is...

Meluk said:
Interesting to see the flight data. Post up some more if u can. I'm interested in see how the wifi video feed works at distance, behind obstacles etc

Will do, but it will require the weather to settle, so not today looking out the window...:(

Pull_Up said:
At the edge of range you start to get video disruption, but the data feed usually stays going for longer. If you knock the preview quality down to a lesser setting you can usually bring it back up. It seems variable as to when these trigger points happen depending on weather, geography, how saturated with wifi the area is and (possibly) how charged up the range extender is...

Understood. When you say video disruption, do you mean latency or decrease in quality?

It seems if your going for FPV a traditional (old fashioned!) analogue fpv setup is still much better. However reading about people using boosters I was excited to hear that the digital link may be better but I have a feeling it isn't :(

In my stock setup you get some blockiness and lag, but that's just before it drops - you don't wade through that for ages before it drops (dropping off the "digital cliff" I believe!). Picture quality is excellent up to that point, though - and as you'll have seen from that other thread people are pushing the range out well beyond 1km with FPV (and that's just with antenna mods, never mind boosters on top). You certainly don't get the snow and other interference I've seen on tradition 5.8 setups, but of course the Vision is sold as both CE and FCC compliant, so they would never have been able to boost the signal beyond the legal limits, even if it was sold as an FPV rig (which it isn't). As I understand it most retro-fitted 5.8 FPV transmitters for long range work on fixed wings or other quads are operating well above the UK max legal power limit...

I do recall Colin Guinn selling it as A aerial photograph/fpv craft and remember seeing several mentions to FPV in the advertising.

The quality you say does sound very tempting. Analogue fpv is just terrible in terms of standard video quality. I think I need to see it in real life :) or any more real life footage?

Yes it was windy today, but the sun was out! It was pretty sheltered and we were going low and slow. I got my son to edit this (hence the dodgy music) but the FPV is in sync when show and is Picture-in-Picture. I also clipped a couple of leaves and managed a low speed/altitude crash (no damage) most due to learning to pretty much fly with right stick only...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mTOlRVw6cM[/youtube]

Here's one I did a while ago. I was stuck at 400feet and couldn't bring her down
Captured at 320 x240

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepDq7blEpc[/youtube]

I don't understand this - I thought once RtH was instigated it would auto complete the procedure and land even if control signal returned as long as you didn't select to control again? The idea of it losing signal like that repeatedly and being held up until battery is flat and you take a dirt nap is concerning me - and that's with an FC40. Pucker up time if I had a Vision (which I'm very much contemplating).

I guess it was my mistake. As soon as I had control I'd try and get her down again to only lose control again.
If I'd left her do her thing it should have been fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4