3rd party battery review

I have been using 3rd party Batteries on two drones a P3 pro using v1.6.4 It doesn't care what battery its using. My P3 advanced is using v1.7.6 it also runs any battery except one that was in the machine while is was updated. I guess the update poked some message in the battery memory that stopped it working.
It seems to me if you want to use 3rd party stay at or below 1.7.6 and don't update with the 3rd party one installed.

I have been using 3rd party Batteries on two drones a P3 pro using v1.6.4 It doesn't care what battery its using. My P3 advanced is using v1.7.6 it also runs any battery except one that was in the machine while is was updated. I guess the update poked some message in the battery memory that stopped it working.
It seems to me if you want to use 3rd party stay at or below 1.7.6 and don't update with the 3rd party one installed.
So far I have the latest updates on my 3rd party and no issue. To be honest I won't risk updating it on the next update as it seems to be fine and I don't want to risk fixing something that isn't broke ;-)

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I doubt you will get conclusive proof that third-party batteries caused a crash, but they can be made obsolete by a firmware update. And I doubt DJI would back their warranty if a TP battery was involved.
Too risky for me. Enjoy yours, though.

You can run across the street without looking, or you can look both ways. You may or may not get killed either way. You have to eliminate as many unnecessary risks as possible. Buying cheap junk batteries is one of those
Oh Please Fort Myers. The world produces millions of batteries per year. It IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. Some of you people talk about these little batteries like they are the Nth mystery of the world. They are not. Samsung has had a rough time with batteries lately, and Boeing had a little glitch on their Dreamliner, but the big picture is, that an aftermarket battery in your little RC toy is not going to deflower your daughter.

In all seriousness, the batteries are not any dark secret to make. ISO manufacturing processes, and clever software should yield a perfectly reliable battery. My car no longer has a Honda battery either.

Reactions: HWCM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik