3rd party battery review

Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought a 3rd party battery for the P3A and I hope this review will help you out :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Digdat0
It's the latest 1.9.3 app (I believe that's right) but so far to date I have the latest firmware, latest DJI app update and latest RC firmware. No problems APART from the DJI app now gives me a black screen. But litchi is fine and no issues at all on the actual battery

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
Thank you for posting. There is alot of hate here for 3rd party batteries, I'm not one of them! I too have done a 3rd party battery review, I'm liking it and have had no issues. Keep us posted on how it works, and feel free to post some logs so we can review (i know FlyNFrank would probably wanna take alook).
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/mr-batt-on-amazon-3rd-party-phantom-3-battery-review.89340

And for those who don't know - the 3rd party battery makers worked around the 3rd party block and the (newer) produced ones work fine.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thank you for posting. There is alot of hate here for 3rd party batteries, I'm not one of them! I too have done a 3rd party battery review, I'm liking it and have had no issues. Keep us posted on how it works, and feel free to post some logs so we can review (i know FlyNFrank would probably wanna take alook).
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/mr-batt-on-amazon-3rd-party-phantom-3-battery-review.89340

And for those who don't know - the 3rd party battery makers worked around the 3rd party block and the (newer) produced ones work fine.
I would def be interested in seeing your video and I will be more then happy to share and compare stats on our 3rd party software

Have you seen the other posts where phantoms fly away and fail without any 3rd party batteries or apps? Theirs lots around

You can run across the street without looking, or you can look both ways. You may or may not get killed either way. You have to eliminate as many unnecessary risks as possible. Buying cheap junk batteries is one of those

Reactions: eneilsen
You can run across the street without looking, or you can look both ways. You may or may not get killed either way. You have to eliminate as many unnecessary risks as possible. Buying cheap junk batteries is one of those

Why do you instantly think that the battery cells in a third party battery are less quality than what DJI could provide? Is DJI better at producing batteries than other companies? I understand the hesitation as its an aircraft and we don't want a crash, but please share your thoughts on why these batteries are a lower quality which makes them cheap junk? Do you have evidence, or experience of these batteries and their application on the phantom?

Some of these companies who are now producing 3rd party batteries for the phantom also produce them for lots of other consumer goods. Some many of us carry in our pockets everyday; surely Apple doesn't specialize in batteries, they chose a vendor to supply them, same as DJI does. What makes that vendor different than one of the others? If you read my review, I'm pretty hard on the third party batteries, and I shared a few flight logs which some of the senior members on this board reviewed and came to the conclusion that the data represented was valid and showed decent and reliable performance. So right now, there seems to be very little evidence that these batteries are either bad, display bad performance, or are unsafe and have resulted in any crashes. Infact, all reports I've seen from third party batteries show they work, they work well and haven't caused any issues (my sources are here and the DJI forums). If this isn't true, please show me the facts otherwise, I'd love to see it. Till then, I'm going to continue to support third party batteries.

Reactions: HWCM and Neon Euc
Oh I see... So anything made by 3rd party is junk and anything that isn't is perfect. Hmmm..... I wonder what is happening with the Samsung S7 phones. I mean.. Surely they can't be exploding as it's not a 3rd party phone...

Reactions: HWCM
Oh I see... So anything made by 3rd party is junk and anything that isn't is perfect. Hmmm..... I wonder what is happening with the Samsung S7 phones. I mean.. Surely they can't be exploding as it's not a 3rd party phone...

You look at all the 3rd party batteries on ebay, do we even know where they come from? What kind of reputation do they have at stake. They fail and start selling under a different name. DJI has a lot more at stake, if their batteries fail their quads fail and their name is on the line. I wouldn't say all 3rd party batteries would have to be junk but I don't want to take the chance on any of my expensive quads. Samsung is big enough to be able to do something about there epic fail with the note 7's. You're able to return them. If your Phantom drops like a rock are the 3rd party battery manufactures going to stand behind there batteries? You're welcome to use what ever battery you choose, I've learned the hard way in this hobby, Buy cheap, buy often.

You look at all the 3rd party batteries on ebay, do we even know where they come from? What kind of reputation do they have at stake. They fail and start selling under a different name. DJI has a lot more at stake, if their batteries fail their quads fail and their name is on the line. I wouldn't say all 3rd party batteries would have to be junk but I don't want to take the chance on any of my expensive quads. Samsung is big enough to be able to do something about there epic fail with the note 7's. You're able to return them. If your Phantom drops like a rock are the 3rd party battery manufactures going to stand behind there batteries? You're welcome to use what ever battery you choose, I've learned the hard way in this hobby, Buy cheap, buy often.
Please point us to the evidence to show conclusively that TP batteries have failed causing an aircraft to fall from the sky?
And frankly, your comparison to the S7 isn't correct, as Samsung have stated it was a production issue that caused the fault and yet, even before this admission, Samsung chose to scrap the model completely, which doesn't give much credence to that statement, given potential $6 - 9bn loss this product abandonment will cause.
Anyway, it seems it's not the battery part at fault and certainly, they've not announced their intent to go after the destruction of their battery supplier.
Oh yes; AFAIK (unless you know different) DJI don't make their batteries either. .

Reactions: rstekeur

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.