3rd party apps?

Reaction score
Hi all

Do you know if there is made any good 3rd party apps for the FC40 camera?

Best regards Nicolai

There is none that I know of, don't believe there are any different apps that can be used for the FC40 camera. If you are using android I use a couple of different apps that work well with the FC40 such as DJI Phantom LED which tells you what the different LED statuses mean from the status LED as well at K-Index Monitor which gives you solar flare information to advise you whether or not to fly in GPS mode. If the K index is higher than 4 it means high solar activity and the phantom should not be used in GPS mode. If you use IOS I have no experience with it an maybe there are similar apps to these out there too.

Holrits said:
Hi all

Do you know if there is made any good 3rd party apps for the FC40 camera?

Best regards Nicolai

The FC40 camera is just a OEM version from a standard camera found with many brands, JVC among the most known. I tried several of the apps that are out there but none of them work. Apparently the camera has a lot more capabilities build in, such as sound and some say even 1080p. But DJI disabled some functions. And there's a reason for that.

Transmitting sound and video via wifi can cause a lot of latency (Gopro has a BIG wifi latency eg. because it always transmits sound). By killing the sound altogether and maximising the resolution to 720p, DJI managed the FC40 camera to have an amazingly low latency while transmitting a very clear image to a smartphone. With a wifi extender or Parabola antenna the range can be extended quite easily to 300 to 400 meters, making it an great video framing system (not talking about full FPV capability, you need an FPV system with IOSD for that) for close range. I combined it with a Gopro, using the FC40 Camera only for framing the shots and orientation.

@joesrevolution
Okay, i forgot ti write i use Iphone :)

@lake_flyer
Then i understand The manual write something about Sound record. Well it World be Nice to record Sound if you dont use it as fpv, but anyway, there isnt much to record, only The Sound of the props :p

No worries. I'm sure similar apps exist for iPhone. I feel the k index one is very useful. No one wants a fly away!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj