3no.ESC Error

Reaction score
Help plz. :)
I had an unfortunate mishap with my P4 causing one of the arms to be completely broke.
I replaced the shell and a 2 of the engines.
I am currently getting the error "3no.ESC Error".

I've read several comments that it could be due to weak solder connections. So, I am thinking of un-soldering all the engines, cleaning the wires and re-soldering them. The soldering iron I was originally using was a poor choice for the job and I suspect I might've done some heat damage to one of the ESC boards, but I am unsure.

1) Is the 3no.ESC Error likely a wire/solder issue?
2) Is there any testing that I can do to help me dissect the issue (testing the ESC board)?
3) Where might I find some technical information that could help me determine the issue?
4) Ideas/suggestions?

Any help is appreciated. I will post my results if/when I get this resolved. :)

Thank you.

Just wanted to update this and add additional experience.
I've discovered that it was my left ESC board that was throwing this error. I don't know if this error is generic for either board or just left.
I've replaced the board and am now getting a Topology Error. So, now I am on to the next issue. There are several posts here where people have stated similar situations (replacing an ESC board and getting this error). It looks promising, hopefully I just need to reassemble the compass, antennae, etc. and this error will resolve itself. I'll try this tonight (4/25/17) and update this post.

If anyone is interested in how I checked the ESC board, leave me a msg (hint: it involves a volt meter).
Also, if anyone has additional information that they would like to share, please do so.

Last edited:
I hooked the legs back up and calibrated. Errors are gone. I put the drone back together and had a successful test flight. It is dark so I can only do a minimal test. When weather permits I'll do full run.
So, in summary, the error, for me anyways, was a bad left ESC board. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4