3g/4g connection instead of wifi project - need help from android dev

Reaction score
Hi

I'm in the process of developing a way to use 3g or 4g as the transmission instead of wifi...
Not to fussed about the lag, more interested in distance :)

Anyways I need an android dev to help me..

I basically need someone to help me change the DJI app so it asks you to enter the IP address of the device you are connecting to.. instead of the default 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.2

I have decompiled the DJI app and I can even tell you what lines need to change!

Previously I've asked Ilovecoffee who modded the DJI app, but didn't get much response from him in the past in regards to making a similar change for a totally diff project.

Hopefully someone else can help.

Reaaaly annoying having various ideas but always getting stuck at the **** android side of things!!!
I could try learn Android, but by the time I am proficient enough to make simple changes / recompile the Phantom 7 will be out...

Thanks

Going to be a little tuff to do as the wifi extender and the wifi Tx both have software that requires their communication and both have to be blinded and locked to each other. The apps use the program to communicate. It's a two way communication. Using 3G or 4g you have to have a written program to do the talking and functionality that is normally handled by the wifi extender via the software. Lots of fun trying and can be time consuming and you may get flustered. Good luck!

Hey Roy

Yeah I've got a very good understanding of all the TCP/IP connectivity between app, wifi extender and the phantom.. including ports, ips etc etc.
Really my only issue is telling the app to not connect to 192.168.1.1 and .2, but giving it a hostname to connect to.. Hostname field would be better than IP because then you could use a dynDNS service as IP addy of 3g/4g sim card will keep changing.
Allthough you'd need the phone to cache the hostname/IP seems there is no internet access once connected to phantom wifi, so it wouldn't be able to resolve hostname without doing a DNS lookup via internet..

anyways hostname or IP would be trivial for someone who can make the changes. Ideally I'd want a new field in setup "hostname/ip" and 1 or 2 others I don't want to mention just yet as to not give it all away.

So annoying because I can see which lines in the app source code are referencing the IPs and ports etc etc... I just can't make the changes/recompile grrr :(
Wouldnt want to test out my android skills on something like this :/

Quick job for someone who android experience!

Anyways appreciate your input :) Basically everything you've said is why this hasn't really done before using this equipment... just have a bit of a solution I am pretty confident would work.. just the **** android part is stopping me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik