3DR sucks balls! Thank you DJI!

Reaction score
I ordered the 3DR RTF Iris exactly one month ago. Yesterday at 10:45AM, it finally showed up.

The reason for the one month delay, they said that the cases were out of stock. After a quick and painless email, they said they would ship Iris now and the case when they get them. I was fine with that. No problem.

Yesterday when I opened the package, it seemed as if everything was okay. After getting Iris out of the box, I noticed there was no antenna. I ordered the 915 MHz antennas. One was loose in the box. The one for Iris was missing. I stopped unpacking and wrote 3DR an email asking for help and the missing antenna. No response and the USA phone number doesn't work.

I decided to press on and pulled out the Iris so I could put the tall landing gear on. When I turned it over, I noticed there were two motors that only had one screw holding them in. They were loose and stripped and can't be tightened. The two missing screws were found in the bottom of the box.

So, I keep thinking it can't get any worse....

There are only eight screws holding four motors. Two per motor. Out of the eight, only two were solid. The rest were missing and or loose. No loc-tite on any of the screws. Total garbage. Piece of ****.

I have boxed it up and will be shipping it all back to the 3DR shithole in California.

When I purchased my Phantom 2 and Phantom Vision, I didn't have and still haven't had one problem yet. (Knock on wood)

As soon as I get this piece of **** in the mail, Ill be ordering another Phantom 2 and F550. Thank you DJI for making a reliable, awesome, kickass product.

James

znapuo.jpg

hx0rqw.jpg

1zx1sp2.jpg

ylbwg.jpg

fyeuiv.jpg

I have numerous DJI quad and they all have been great products. I know some of us have had problems , but think of the millions of dji products sold !
I think a lot of the problems is people using the vision for professional use, when they should be using I higher end models and camera. I think for the majority of us it's fine.
On the other hand I wish they had it were it was upgradeable , but let's face it our IPhones aren't .

I apologize to this community for this whole post, but today it just gets worse.

After I sent the email explaining the problem about the antenna and screws, the reply was only about the antenna. They were very concerned about that. No mention of the motor, screw problem.

There are probably people out there and possibly here on this forum that have had good service with 3DR. My expierence has been horrible. If you haven't used them, be careful. They have a phone number on their website but it doesn't work for me. I'll never do business with any company from this point forward if a human doesn't answer the phone.

James

Sorry for the rant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers