3DR Solo

I know it's more of the same, but here's another video interviewing Collin by DSLR Pros at the Austin Bridge...sure wish I would have gotten the memo to be there.....

In defense of 3DR releasing little information. I can't blame them in keeping the information slow, there is a lot riding on this roll out.

For the record, I've decided NOT to wait to make my purchase. I will be pre-ordering mine this week through 3DR, the whole enchilada... It just makes sense on so many levels...why wait!?!

will the verizon ellipsis 7 work with the 3dr solo?
thx D

Is the 30 day guarantee, a satisfaction guarantee? Meaning we can return for any reason. I'm really itching to get the new Black Magic Micro Cinema Camera too. I need to convince the wife, we will have the best vacations vids ever.... again. lol

Yes. If you dont like it, send it back for full refund.
awesome thank you. Well, I just ordered one. Please Collin Guinn and friends, please make the video have less jello or equal to the P3. Amen.

3DR is probably scrambling to get the SOLO as bug free as possible. And they're probably waiting to see how many bugs the P3 comes with. Bug free launches are not exactly DJI's forte.

3DR is probably scrambling to get the SOLO as bug free as possible. And they're probably waiting to see how many bugs the P3 comes with. Bug free launches are not exactly DJI's forte.
3dr maybe improving the gimbal performance, the arducopter firmware is mostly bug free or at least the most bug free code in the multirotor market, judging from the time in development and programmers involved in the project.

i see on the phantom forum that DJI will be shipping soon.
some are expected to arive thursday.

I keep digging...I'm finding some bones! It appears that 3DR sponsor's a cloud site, Drone Share, showing you or others your flight data. The SOLO should have this available out of the box. Further, it's an open source community. WoW, this keeps getting better!

Droneshare is a mission viewing and sharing application that works with ground control applications to let you share your mission data.

http://www.droneshare.com/

I am not planning on installing my Flytrex stuff on the 3DR when it arrives. I am hoping the data good. Will have to check this out.

looks like the shipping date got moved back some to the beginning of June on BandH website. bummers.

will the verizon ellipsis 7 tablet work with the solo?
thx D

The Solo initially made me slightly doubt my P3P pre-order... but not any more. Mostly based on videos I'd seen. Maybe there's better Solo video out there, if there is, I haven't seen it.

For example, this footage inside a cage. Is it just me, or is that Solo all over the place (every axis). The dude is constantly adjusting.

The P3 shouldn't have that issue with the sonar capabilities.

Then there's this video. There's not a whole lot of footage from the Solo itself... but what we do see is not very smooth.

Stuff like "Selfie cam" doesn't make up for it if the end result doesn't look professional.

I compare those videos to this one. Keep in mind that the Phantom is completely off balance. There is no counterweight to the GoPro at the end of the stick. So the Phantom 3 is both compensating for the GoPro on a stick AND the video quality is perfectly steady:

I do look forward to seeing what people do with their Solos when they get them. Competition is good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20